Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play

Go down 
+4
solardave
jak341
OX1947
Hawaii 5-0
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play Empty
PostSubject: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Ben Roethlisberger, Antonio Brown won’t play this week

Posted by Josh Alper on August 9, 2017

It’s been clear for some time that the Steelers wouldn’t have running back Le'Veon Bell on the field for their preseason opener and the team announced that they will also face the Giants without two other key offensive players.

Coach Mike Tomlin announced on Wednesday that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and wide receiver Antonio Brown will also be out of the lineup to start the exhibition season. He said that everyone else who is healthy enough to play will be in the lineup.

That does not include backup quarterback Landry Jones, who has been out of action because of an abdominal injury. That has led to increased reps for fourth-round pick Josh Dobbs and Dobbs will be the starter against the Giants on Friday night. Bart Houston is the only other quarterback on the Steelers roster.

When the Steelers re-signed Jones this offseason, it was likely with the intent of keeping him as their No. 2 behind Roethlisberger. The extended look at Dobbs could alter those plans, especially if he shows well in game action.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...lay-this-week/
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptyThu Aug 10, 2017 6:09 pm

QB Josh Dobbs to start Steelers' preseason opener

Aug 9, 2017
Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

LATROBE, Pa. -- Pittsburgh Steelers rookie quarterback Josh Dobbs will start Friday at MetLife Stadium against the New York Giants, coach Mike Tomlin said Wednesday.

Ben Roethlisberger will rest for the first preseason game, and primary backup Landry Jones is dealing with an abdominal injury.

"One man's misfortune is another man's opportunity," Tomlin said. "I know [Dobbs is] excited about it. I know I'm excited about watching him play the quarterback position in that group."

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2029 ... son-opener
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 1:08 am

I am hoping Dobbs is the next Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott just in time for him to take over for Big ben after he retires after this year.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 8:53 am

I'm just excited for football to be back!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 11:17 am

Not surprised. I want to see what Dobbs brings to the table.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 12:34 pm

solardave wrote:
Not surprised. I want to see what Dobbs brings to the table.

I hear that. I hope he does well this preseason cause dirty laundry aint cutting it
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Dobbs had a rough 1st half. He was forcing the ball, overthrowing everyone, and hearing footsteps. He settled down a bit, but he looks extremely raw.

Absolutely monster games from Watt and Moats.

Juju Smith-Schuster left early with a presumed concussion.

Daniel McCullers didn't get a snap, at least before I tuned out midway through the 4th.

Those are the highlights.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 5:33 am

jak341 wrote:
Dobbs had a rough 1st half. He was forcing the ball, overthrowing everyone, and hearing footsteps. He settled down a bit, but he looks extremely raw.

Absolutely monster games from Watt and Moats.

Juju Smith-Schuster left early with a presumed concussion.

Daniel McCullers didn't get a snap, at least before I tuned out midway through the 4th.

Those are the highlights.

The one replay I saw was the monster catch by Hamilton. He looked like he caught the tail end of the ball 10 feet in the air.
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 5:47 am

Dobbs was very nervy but settled after running for a first down. Seemed happier throwing longer than into traffc. Really good TD throw from left to centre that was pulled back for holding. Even Bart Houston looked OK (never heard of him till he came on) and his figures would have been better but for a dropped catch or two.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 12:54 pm

those 2 picks dobby threw ... Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play 1505004552 ...i mean c'mon man. Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play 2913999526
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 8:21 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
those 2 picks dobby threw ... Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play 1505004552  ...i mean c'mon man. Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play 2913999526

Project pick, I'll worry if he performs like that next year though.
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 8:59 pm

Remember those two picks were very early on in his first start. he showed a lot more good than bad for a first time out.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play Capture
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 2:57 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play Capture

That one was on him. Rookie mistake. The first one looked like his arm got hit. Still I think for his first start he did OK after he settled down.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play EmptyFri Aug 18, 2017 3:39 pm

That TD from Dobbs to Hamilton is definitive proof that Antowan/Valentio Blake should not be in the NFL. Such an easy pitch and catch that Giants broadcaster Carl Banks was puzzled what Blake was doing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play   Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs NYG: Ben, AB won't play
Page 1 of 1