Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHarrison doesn't think he should be suspended Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended Empty
PostSubject: Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended   Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:50 pm

By Teresa Varley - Steelers.com
Posted 1 hour ago

Linebacker James Harrison does not expect to be suspended by the NFL for a hit on Browns quarterback Colt McCoy that drew a 15-yard roughing the passer penalty.

"I don't think it's suspension-worthy," said Harrison on Monday following the team’s practice. "I don't think it's worthy of anything, but that's just my own personal thoughts. They didn’t even call it helmet-to-helmet. He called it roughing the passer.”

Harrison indicated that he looked like McCoy was going to run with the ball on the play.

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Harrison-doesnt-think-he-should-be-suspended/67e157a1-2720-4685-8196-3c313a5c3136

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended   Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 8:16 pm

Goodell don't like Harrison so he'll give him a 1 game suspension
And a big fine Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended 2913999526

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended   Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:02 am

Based on everything I've read and heard the past few days, I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a one-game suspension.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended   Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 3:54 am

I don't think he should be suspended. I recorded the game and have gone back and watched that play several times. I still have mixed emotions. If I were outside looking in I think he should be fined because it was helmet to helmet, but I am biased Yet if you watch 5 different games in a week you'll see at least 5 helmet to helmet hits on a RB and technically he was a running back. Looking at it I don't believe Harrison had time to decide that he was gonna dump the ball.

It's like the hit on Marsha Brady this week. If you're going to slide you need to do so before the defender is in the air. IMHO that hit was on Brady but I bet there will be a fine there too.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended   Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 am

solardave wrote:
I don't think he should be suspended. I recorded the game and have gone back and watched that play several times. I still have mixed emotions. If I were outside looking in I think he should be fined because it was helmet to helmet, but I am biased Yet if you watch 5 different games in a week you'll see at least 5 helmet to helmet hits on a RB and technically he was a running back. Looking at it I don't believe Harrison had time to decide that he was gonna dump the ball.

It's like the hit on Marsha Brady this week. If you're going to slide you need to do so before the defender is in the air. IMHO that hit was on Brady but I bet there will be a fine there too.

The problem is that Steelers don't get the benefit of the doubt, and I feel the NFL tweaks it's rules (or at least their understanding of the rules) in order to fine certain players (and teams)

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended   Harrison doesn't think he should be suspended Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1