Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTerrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JonM229

JonM229

Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker Empty
PostSubject: Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker   Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:30 am

Suggs Making Noise for Defensive MVP
by Jamison Hensley

Quote :
Jared Allen and DeMarcus Ware have more sacks. Patrick Willis has more tackles.

So why is there all this noise lately about Terrell Suggs being the leading candidate for NFL Defensive Player of the Year? It's because you don't hear anyone talking about the Ravens missing Ray Lewis.

Suggs' statistics are impressive. He leads the AFC with a career-best 13 sacks and tops the NFL with six forced fumbles. His play on the field has been overpowering. He's been named the AFC Defensive Player of the Week so many times (three this season and twice in the past three weeks) that they probably should call it the Suggs award this season.

Where Suggs has separated himself from Allen, Ware and Willis is his ability to carry the defense when he's been needed the most. In four games without Lewis, who has been sidelined by a toe injury, Suggs has 17 tackles, seven sacks and four forced fumbles.

He's been a game-changer. Or, in the words of coach John Harbaugh, Suggs has been a "game-wrecker."

"All of the guys have stepped up their play, but none more than Terrell the past four weeks. But he was playing great before," Harbaugh said. "I don’t think there’s a defensive player in the league who is playing better than Terrell Suggs right now."

In nine games with Lewis, Baltimore limited teams to 16.9 points and 284.6 total yards. In four games without him, the Ravens have held teams to 12.5 points and 263.3 yards. Baltimore is 4-0 this season without Lewis.

These numbers shouldn't be construed that the Ravens play better without Lewis. This is a reflection of how Suggs has lifted a defense playing without its leader. Last Sunday against the Colts, Suggs sacked Dan Orlovsky three times and forced a fumble each time. He's the first NFL player in three seasons to have three sacks and three forced fumbles in the same game.

I do enjoy articles written by a former Baltimore Sun beat writer.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker   Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 9:56 am

fuck suggs

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker   Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 10:22 am

Duly noted

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker   Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Suggs is making noise? I can't hear it over his gums.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker   Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 6:08 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Suggs is making noise? I can't hear it over his gums.

They do flap loudly, but they're kind of hard to hear over the screams of Ray Lewis' stabbing victims. Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker   Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker Empty

Back to top Go down

Terrell Suggs: Game-Wrecker
Page 1 of 1