Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWard says retirement not in game plan Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ward says retirement not in game plan

Go down 
+2
solardave
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Ward says retirement not in game plan Empty
PostSubject: Ward says retirement not in game plan   Ward says retirement not in game plan EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 1:53 am

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Hines Ward has no plans to retire after this season and said if he does not play for the Steelers in 2012 it will not be his choice.

Ward has no special plans to take a moment to relish what could be his final game Saturday at Heinz Field in a dazzling, record-setting 14-year career.

"I have two years left on my contract," Ward said, counting this one. "I'm not even thinking that this is my last one. If the organization decides to, I have no control over that. But, for me, I'm not even thinking this is my last game ever [at Heinz Field].

"I feel fine. I feel like I can play another year or two if I want to."

The actions of the Steelers coaching staff over the past five games make it look as if they are phasing out the most prolific and decorated receiver in franchise history.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11357/1198834-66-0.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1hL25NyJz

Ward says retirement not in game plan Lens17690274_1298864020hines_ward

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ward says retirement not in game plan   Ward says retirement not in game plan EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 4:01 am

How sad and strange would that be seeing Hines play for someone else. He'll probably end up playing alondside Fitz. Ward says retirement not in game plan 2605341373
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ward says retirement not in game plan   Ward says retirement not in game plan EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 7:48 am

solardave wrote:
How sad and strange would that be seeing Hines play for someone else. He'll probably end up playing alondside Fitz. Ward says retirement not in game plan 2605341373

The problem is that no matter that Hines has lost a step, he's still a dangerous player and is very clutch on 3rd downs. Going to any team would instantly improve their offense.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ward says retirement not in game plan 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ward says retirement not in game plan   Ward says retirement not in game plan EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 8:07 am

I absolutely DO NOT want to see Hines in another uniform. He has meant too much to this team over the years and deserves to retire a Steeler. I just hope he's willing to restructure to stay or Dave will be right..... Arizona bound. No

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ward says retirement not in game plan   Ward says retirement not in game plan EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:06 am

stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:

The problem is that no matter that Hines has lost a step, he's still a dangerous player and is very clutch on 3rd downs. Going to any team would instantly improve their offense.

It wouldn't be a problem for them but it would be for us if he went to the AFC north.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ward says retirement not in game plan   Ward says retirement not in game plan EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:09 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
I absolutely DO NOT want to see Hines in another uniform. He has meant too much to this team over the years and deserves to retire a Steeler. I just hope he's willing to restructure to stay or Dave will be right..... Arizona bound. No

I feel the same way and I think and hope he'll accept his role and decrease in pay to remain here. He can still help us a lot. As far as him loosing a step he only had a step and half to begin with and still no one could stop him. Ward says retirement not in game plan 1372836603
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ward says retirement not in game plan   Ward says retirement not in game plan EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:24 am

solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:

It wouldn't be a problem for them but it would be for us if he went to the AFC north.

No way he goes to the Ratbirds. They absolutely despise him.

I would hope he wouldn't go to the Bengals. He could be effective there with Dalton at QB. That one worries me.

Signing with the Browns would be tantamount to calling it a career.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ward says retirement not in game plan   Ward says retirement not in game plan EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 6:53 pm

I really like Ward but he's done Cotchery is the elder statesman of the WR group now.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Ward says retirement not in game plan   Ward says retirement not in game plan EmptySat Dec 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Hey guys, I actually wrote an article on the situation over at Bleacher Report. I'm a writer there, don't know if I ever got a chance to mention that to you guys. Anyway, here it is...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/996164-hines-ward-retirement-is-not-in-the-game-plan

PostSubject: Re: Ward says retirement not in game plan   Ward says retirement not in game plan Empty

Back to top Go down

Ward says retirement not in game plan
Page 1 of 1