Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTebow 3:16 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Tebow 3:16

Go down 
+6
Gingerchip
SteelerTide
Bays
JonM229
stlrtruck
Wallace108
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Tebow 3:16 Empty
PostSubject: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:37 am

So, Tebow threw for 316 yards against the Steelers.
He averaged 31.6 yards per completion.
The TV rating peaked at 31.6.

John 3:16 reads: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

SOURCE: http://www.abc-7.com/story/16482529/2012/01/09/tim-tebow-win-coincidence-or-divine-intervention
------------------------

Some of you might wanna edit some posts in our religion discussions in the Roundtable. Tebow 3:16 3798349058

Tebow 3:16 Tebow_time_the_three_references_boffo_tv_ratings_and_lady_gaga_love

Tebow 3:16 Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:39 am

MOVED TO THE NFL FORUM (only because Tebow is a bronco and not a Steeler)

I like Tebow and as a Christian it's wonderful to see a man of faith in the spot light who has not changed his stance nor his beliefs. Yes, I would have rathered the Steelers win. But from a fan of the game perspective, I enjoy watching Tebow play, I enjoy his enthusiasm, I enjoy his passion, and most of all I enjoy seeing him stand strong in his faith and stand strong against the forces that come against him because of his faith.

Tebow 3:16 Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Tebow 3:16 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 5:26 pm

I have no problem with how open Tebow is about his religion. I have a problem with the Messiah worship people seem to have about him. I didn't even have an issue with him being in a Pro-Life commercial, until I learned that it was paid for by James Dobson's "church" Focus on the Family.

Tebow 3:16 6o22bn
Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  Tebow 3:16 1664291743

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:26 am

Well I have to hook up with J.C. this year and convince him to pull out his terrible towel!

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:35 am

JonM229 wrote:
I have no problem with how open Tebow is about his religion. I have a problem with the Messiah worship people seem to have about him. I didn't even have an issue with him being in a Pro-Life commercial, until I learned that it was paid for by James Dobson's "church" Focus on the Family.

I'm not so sure that it's as much Messiah type worship towards Tebow or people mocking him for his faith. I believe there might be a little of both.

What's wrong with Focus on the Family?

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:52 am

James Dobson is what's wrong with Focus on the Family. I have a general mistrust for the majoriy of the megachurches in Colorado Springs.

As for the Messiah worship, I knew plenty of Gator alumni while living in Florida who could not ever stop gushing about Tebow. And they never even brought up his religion.

Wallace108: Jon, how the hell do you expect any of us to ever follow your posts? You always set the bar awfully high.  Tebow 3:16 1664291743

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:09 am

JonM229 wrote:
James Dobson is what's wrong with Focus on the Family. I have a general mistrust for the majoriy of the megachurches in Colorado Springs.

As for the Messiah worship, I knew plenty of Gator alumni while living in Florida who could not ever stop gushing about Tebow. And they never even brought up his religion.

So it's not necessarily James Dobson or Focus on the Family as much as it is the size of the organization he operates? Sounds like you have a mistrust for not only him but people like Joel Olsteen, etc.

Yes, here in FL, when he was at U of F, he was gushed over, worshipped, and gauded for his ability to win games, especially the year he came out after the loss to Mississippi State.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:53 am

stlrtruck wrote:
So it's not necessarily James Dobson or Focus on the Family as much as it is the size of the organization he operates? Sounds like you have a mistrust for not only him but people like Joel Olsteen, etc.

The difference between Dobson and Osteen is that Osteen generally stays out of politics, and has a much more positive message.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:22 pm

JonM229 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

The difference between Dobson and Osteen is that Osteen generally stays out of politics, and has a much more positive message.

Well, suffice it to say, the message isn't always positive. Personally, I like FOTF and Joel Olsteen, but I know that some times larger organizations can get head strong and fail to remember who they are sending messages out to see.

As for Tebow, I have no problem with his messages, regardless of who sponsors them. As has been indicated throughout his message, had his mother gone through with an abortion - he'd be nothing more than a stat for politicians to argue for/against abortions.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelerTide
Xtreme Newb
SteelerTide

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:51 pm

That made me feel better.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:30 pm

I don't have a problem with Tebow either. Yet. He talks the talks, but appears to walk the walk.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:32 pm

Personally, I don't understand all the Tebow hate. Can someone explain it to me? I'm being serious.

We bitch and moan all the time about asshole athletes. And here's a good guy with a great story, and everyone hates him.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:41 pm

How dare he set a good example

Back to top Go down
CapLovesTroyP43

CapLovesTroyP43

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Personally, I don't understand all the Tebow hate. Can someone explain it to me? I'm being serious.

We bitch and moan all the time about asshole athletes. And here's a good guy with a great story, and everyone hates him.

Really makes you wonder doesn't it? I can't see it either but that's because I am a Christian also. I hated the man Sunday because he beat my dearly beloveds but Monday morning it was all OK again. I admire any man that is not afraid to speak out about his faith in God.

Tebow 3:16 2474380249 Tebow 3:16 2276209185

Tebow 3:16 BigMen

"WE WILL NOT GO GENTLY. WE WILL UNLEASH HELL" MIKE TOMLIN

Tebow 3:16 2480670802 Tebow 3:16 2287965686 Tebow 3:16 1948569602

FREEDOM...NOT COMMUNISM!!!! :old glory: :old glory: :old glory:

"AND OUR QB WEARS THE NUMBER SEVEN" RICH BANKS

CAP'S FAVORITE ICON... Tebow 3:16 1645253483 Tebow 3:16 1645253483 Tebow 3:16 1645253483
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:55 pm

CapLovesTroyP43 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Really makes you wonder doesn't it? I can't see it either but that's because I am a Christian also. I hated the man Sunday because he beat my dearly beloveds but Monday morning it was all OK again. I admire any man that is not afraid to speak out about his faith in God.

I'm not a Christian. Heck, I'm not religious at all. But Tebow's expression of his faith doesn't offend me. I've seen countless interviews with athletes after games where they've praised God for giving them their talent and helping them win the game. Then they go out to the strip club later that night and make it rain. Is Tebow more offensive because he's just not paying lip service?

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 7:32 am

Wallace108 wrote:

I don't hate Tebow...but I dislike the Tebowing. Just something about it gets under my skin, and it's not because he's promoting religion or anything like that. It just seems showy and fake. Like he's posing for the camera's. I like it about as much as I like the 1st down signal from WR's.

I get that he's praising God and all that, and his faith is not my issue...it's just, you never see Troy kneel down and pose when he gets an interception, or a sack/fumble, or even after a great tackle. He just quietly crosses himself and goes about his business. I guess that's why Troy, even though he's known for his strong faith, has never (that I've heard) been labelled "God's Safety."

I don't know him well enough to know if he's the real deal, or just milking this...but if Tebow was any kind of serious Christian, he would know that Jesus strongly condemns those who make public displays of their piety, stating that those who are pious to impress others will only impress people, and will do nothing to impress God. (Matthew 6:5-7) And what he does is exactly that, IMO.

Tebow 3:16 Theaterseats
Back to top Go down
http://forums.steelersfever.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:24 am

Wallace108 wrote:
CapLovesTroyP43 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I'm not a Christian. Heck, I'm not religious at all. But Tebow's expression of his faith doesn't offend me. I've seen countless interviews with athletes after games where they've praised God for giving them their talent and helping them win the game. Then they go out to the strip club later that night and make it rain. Is Tebow more offensive because he's just not paying lip service?

I believe he is more offensive because it's not just lip service. IMO, people see the or hear the different standard by which Christians profess to live by but barely see the two going hand in hand. Now here comes along Tebow in the spotlight, and he's not just lip service. The standard that he chooses to live by is not the standard that millions of people want to live by, it's a higher standard, a tougher standard, and because they choose not to live by it, they want to hate on the person who makes the choice - and personally, makes it look easy.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:28 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I don't hate Tebow...but I dislike the Tebowing. Just something about it gets under my skin, and it's not because he's promoting religion or anything like that. It just seems showy and fake. Like he's posing for the camera's. I like it about as much as I like the 1st down signal from WR's.

I get that he's praising God and all that, and his faith is not my issue...it's just, you never see Troy kneel down and pose when he gets an interception, or a sack/fumble, or even after a great tackle. He just quietly crosses himself and goes about his business. I guess that's why Troy, even though he's known for his strong faith, has never (that I've heard) been labelled "God's Safety."

I don't know him well enough to know if he's the real deal, or just milking this...but if Tebow was any kind of serious Christian, he would know that Jesus strongly condemns those who make public displays of their piety, stating that those who are pious to impress others will only impress people, and will do nothing to impress God. (Matthew 6:5-7) And what he does is exactly that, IMO.

I understand what you're saying here Mom, and there is some truth to it, especially if Tebow is doing un-Godly things behind closed doors. If I recall correctly (and I don't recall the verse), but the bible also talks about walking out our faith publicly. As far as I can remember, even back to his gator days, Tebow has always walked his faith, not just talked about it. He's always been open and public with it. But I can see how this show of faith can be aggravating, because like you pointed out, Troy does his cross EVERY play, but I've never seen Tebow kneel after a bad play - so it can look like he's doing it for the camera.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:06 am

stlrtruck wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I understand what you're saying here Mom, and there is some truth to it, especially if Tebow is doing un-Godly things behind closed doors. If I recall correctly (and I don't recall the verse), but the bible also talks about walking out our faith publicly. As far as I can remember, even back to his gator days, Tebow has always walked his faith, not just talked about it. He's always been open and public with it. But I can see how this show of faith can be aggravating, because like you pointed out, Troy does his cross EVERY play, but I've never seen Tebow kneel after a bad play - so it can look like he's doing it for the camera.

Oh no, I know what you mean. I'm not saying he doesn't seem like a very good person, and I certainly don't mean that he shouldn't talk about his faith if he chooses to. It really just is the whole Tebowing thing for me. Prayer is supposed to be something private (or at least semi-private, like in church, before dinner, or on a crowded elevator that suddenly breaks down), not something you do in front of thousands of cheering fans and millions of people watching on national TV. It leads one to the Dark Side.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:10 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

That's by far the best argument I've heard. I'm not sure I completely agree with it, but it's a damn good argument. Tebow 3:16 230572241

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:30 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Oh no, I know what you mean. I'm not saying he doesn't seem like a very good person, and I certainly don't mean that he shouldn't talk about his faith if he chooses to. It really just is the whole Tebowing thing for me. Prayer is supposed to be something private (or at least semi-private, like in church, before dinner, or on a crowded elevator that suddenly breaks down), not something you do in front of thousands of cheering fans and millions of people watching on national TV. It leads one to the Dark Side.

I would disagree, prayer (imo) is an anytime, anywhere thing. While I may not get down on my knee(s) to pray there are plenty of times throughout my day I'm in communication with the man upstairs asking for various things - like peace and calmness not to kill my coworkers (YES THAT'S A JOKE PEOPLE). Seriously though, I do pray in public and yes sometimes even out loud, at least loud enough if someone walked by my desk they would hear me.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:10 am

stlrtruck wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I would disagree, prayer (imo) is an anytime, anywhere thing. While I may not get down on my knee(s) to pray there are plenty of times throughout my day I'm in communication with the man upstairs asking for various things - like peace and calmness not to kill my coworkers (YES THAT'S A JOKE PEOPLE). Seriously though, I do pray in public and yes sometimes even out loud, at least loud enough if someone walked by my desk they would hear me.

Well, yeah...but that would still fall under private or at the very least semi private. It's not like you wait until you're in the middle of a crowded room to kneel down and shout a prayer or anything though. I'm sure that when Tebow Tebows, that's not the only time he ever prays either...it just seems showy is all.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:19 am

SteelCityMom wrote:

Well, yeah...but that would still fall under private or at the very least semi private. It's not like you wait until you're in the middle of a crowded room to kneel down and shout a prayer or anything though. I'm sure that when Tebow Tebows, that's not the only time he ever prays either...it just seems showy is all.

thats kind of where im at. its like that guy who gives to charity than has to tell everyone how much he gave to charities.is he giving because he is a charitable person or does he just want to get the attention that giving to charities can give him?

Tebow 3:16 Vasign10

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:10 pm

vasteeler wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

thats kind of where im at. its like that guy who gives to charity than has to tell everyone how much he gave to charities.is he giving because he is a charitable person or does he just want to get the attention that giving to charities can give him?

Good points. And you're both right. It's better to do in your own place than to boast amongst the crowd. I know it's mentioned in the bible, I just don't recall exactly which way. I know Jesus was talking to the religious leaders of his day when he said it too, but it holds true for everyone.

I still believe that the media has made a bigger deal out of this than it needs to be. If it was Brady, Brees, or Rodgers (or any other QB in the league) this wouldn't be as much of a deal.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:16 pm

I think that perhaps a part of the hate is centered around the fact that he is currently the media's darling. (well, most of the media anyway). He's different in a lot of ways, and anything that is different is usually adored or despised to the extreme. He is getting a lot of attention which as Steeler fans, we know all to well, doesn't sit well with other teams and their fans. Remember Flacco's whiney comments after the Ravens beat the Steelers when he complained that no highlights were shown and that it was all about Tebow in the news?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tebow 3:16   Tebow 3:16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tebow 3:16
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next