Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh Empty
PostSubject: Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh   Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 6:59 pm

Posted: 12:20 pm EST January 10, 2012
http://www.wpxi.com/sports/30177438/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- Making good on a bet with Denver’s mayor, Pittsburgh Mayor Luke Ravenstahl donned a Broncos jersey and “Tebowed” on Tuesday.
Ravenstahl struck the famous pose by Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow in front of the Roberto Clemente statue on Pittsburgh’s North Shore.
Ravenstahl said it isn't something he hoped to do, but he went on to congratulate Denver on their win against the Steelers on Sunday.

-----------------------------

Glad he kept good on his word, but gah. I wish they had just done the food bet.

Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh   Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:16 pm

UGH!!!! I should have waited to look at the image after I dinner
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh   Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 12:42 am

I think he needs to quit making bets.

Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh Ept_sports_nfl_experts-454090954-1298917689

Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh Mayor-Ravenstahl-tebowing-530x584

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
plenewken
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh   Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:06 am

I was shocked to hear him say that he left the tags on the jersey and will return it. He demonstrated a total lack of class as an individual and being the Mayor of Pittsburgh, it's just embarrassing.
You lose a bet, you pay, period!

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh   Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:16 am

plenewken wrote:
I was shocked to hear him say that he left the tags on the jersey and will return it. He demonstrated a total lack of class as an individual and being the Mayor of Pittsburgh, it's just embarrassing.
You lose a bet, you pay, period!

I lost a bet to Jon, our resident Ravens fan, on the first Steelers-Ravens game this year and had to sport a Ravens avatar for a week. I thought about just taking the week off and not post, or at least post as little as possible. Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh 1797695198 But of course I didn't do that. You're right, plenewken ... if you lose, you honor the bet with class. In the mayor's defense, I didn't hear or read his comments. Was he just joking about it? Or was he being serious? I'm curious as to what context his comments were made regarding the jersey.

The fact that we're having a conversation about the mayor and a Tebow jersey is a good sign that the season is over. Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh 1505004552

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh   Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 6:51 pm

He was probably joking. This was on the Steelers site today...

Pittsburgh mayor selling Tebow jersey to support city schools
Associated Press
Published: Jan. 12, 2012 at 09:59 a.m

Ravenstahl is selling a Tim Tebow jersey he wore Tuesday while striking a prayerful, one-kneed pose -- known as "Tebowing" -- made popular by the Broncos quarterback. Ravenstahl "Tebowed" in front of news photographers to settle a bet with Denver Mayor Michael Hancock on Sunday's playoff game, which the Broncos won 29-23.

Ravenstahl has signed the jersey. Any money raised by the eBay auction will be donated to the "Pittsburgh Promise" fund.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825ed79c/article/pittsburgh-mayor-selling-tebow-jersey-to-support-city-schools?module=HP11_MYNFL

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh   Mayor Makes Good On Bet, Tebows In Pittsburgh Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1