Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWard would be OK with pay cut Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ward would be OK with pay cut

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Ward would be OK with pay cut Empty
PostSubject: Ward would be OK with pay cut   Ward would be OK with pay cut EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 1:42 am

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Hines Ward wants to make a few things perfectly clear: He wants to play for the Steelers in 2012, but, if they do not want him, he still wants to play next season

He just does not want to think about the second part of the equation at the moment.

"It would be weird, not how I want it to happen," Ward said of playing for another team next season. "But I do want to play. I still think I can play. I'm not even thinking like that -- what if. If that scenario happens, I'll be devastated, but I do want to play football."

He understands he would have to take a pay cut from his $4 million salary next season. He has two seasons left on his contract and is willing to do that. Such a decision must be made, however, by March 1 because Ward said a clause in his contract states that they must guarantee his job by then or release him.

"I'd probably have to restructure my contract," Ward said of the pay cut. "That's fine with me. I recognize that. I'm telling you I want to be here, I'm telling you I'm willing to do that. And I understand the ramifications -- we have the cap number and stuff, but I want to be here."

As for not starting, Ward noted that happened this season.

"Obviously, I was a starter, and then it went the way it did. That's fine, I don't have a problem with not starting. But I want to play, I want to try to win another Super Bowl. I want to do it for this organization. I want to help this team out. I still think I can help this team, on the field, off the field with the younger guys, still be there for the team. I'm willing to do all that."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12011/1202701-66-0.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1j85HmQ1j

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Ward would be OK with pay cut   Ward would be OK with pay cut EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:13 am

I will die 1,000 no make that 10,0000 deaths if I see Hines in another uniform. How could the Rooney's let a WR that broke all Steeler records go so easily, when he so blatantly wants to remain in Pittsburgh another year?
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Ward would be OK with pay cut   Ward would be OK with pay cut EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:49 am

I hope he stays. He's a great influence on the younger guys and he's a good go to guy when you need him.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Ward would be OK with pay cut   Ward would be OK with pay cut EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:56 am

Mach1 wrote:
I hope he stays. He's a great influence on the younger guys and he's a good go to guy when you need him.
My opinion on Ward staying has been all over the map. Right now, I'm hoping they keep him. My opinion could change by the time I hit "send."

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ward would be OK with pay cut   Ward would be OK with pay cut EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 3:44 am

I think he'll be here one more year so we can win #7 for him like we won #6 for the BUS. I also hope that. I'd love to see Hines go out as SB MVP. That would be awesome and fitting. Que the Pixy Dust. Ward would be OK with pay cut 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ward would be OK with pay cut   Ward would be OK with pay cut Empty

Back to top Go down

Ward would be OK with pay cut
Page 1 of 1