Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home I just want to go on record Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

I just want to go on record

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
supytalpeht
6 posters
AuthorMessage
supytalpeht

I just want to go on record Empty
PostSubject: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:06 am

I'll agree with you on that. WHere we differ is that I believe that Ben contributes as much to our offensive inconsistencies and mediocre performance as Arians, if not more so. Running around like a chicken with its head cut off is no replacement for gettign rid of the football quickly and accurately. I've said it repeatedly that Ben's schtick works fairly well against the weaker teams of the league,but struggles against the better ones. ~theplatypus
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 10:26 am

and to take it one step further.

Just so there's no doubt about my blindly loyal idiotic closet ravens fan stance on Ben's cowboy bs.

Ben and Ben alone is too blame for his high ankle sprain. If he could figure out that getting rid of the football quickly and accurately is better than extending the play we never would have been talking about Tomlin's decision to play him against SF or the Browns.

Last edited by supytalpeht on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:03 am

I hear you Supy. I'll agree to some extent. Because if not for Ben's running around, we wouldn't have won several games over the last several years, including victories against the ravens, cowboys, packers (regular season), bengals, jets, and patriots*. It is a catch 22, live by it - die by it.

I'll even go on record as saying that I know it's not all Arians fault, it's just that as the Offensive Coordinator, he has to shoulder the blame for not getting Ben prepared, as well coached on how to do the things you have spoken about (i.e. reading the defense, and getting rid of the ball). But that goes hand in hand as well, Ben has to want to get better - and right now it appears that he is complacent with where he is. I'm hoping this season has changed his mindset, as well as Arians, and should Bruce be back next season, hopefully he'll take a stronger stance on Ben, but also learn how to make in-game changes.

But again, I'm not foolish enough, nor naive enough, to think that everything falls on Bruce, Ben definitely has to take on some responsibility for cowboy style of play.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION  I just want to go on record 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:10 am

I love Ben, it's fun to watch him play. He could be better and it's not just Arians by any means. In my humble opinion of course. But, if people are going to call me blindly loyal, idiotic, and a closet Ravens fan than I'm going to ROCK IT!
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:12 am

I can agree with most of this as well too. But like truck, I'm not willing to put all the blames on Arians either. At some point you have to blame player execution as well. BUT, if a team, or one part of a team is underperforming, that ultimately lies on the coaches shoulders. They obviously can't fire all the players to make something better...so that leaves the coach. I hope we see some better execution this next season, but I'm afraid if Arians is still on the sidelines that it's going to be more of the same.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:27 am

supytalpeht wrote:
I love Ben, it's fun to watch him play. He could be better and it's not just Arians by any means. In my humble opinion of course. But, if people are going to call me blindly loyal, idiotic, and a closet Ravens fan than I'm going to ROCK IT!

I'm not sure who is labeling you that, but I never got that impression. Just another avid Steelers fan with a difference of opinion as to who takes the blame  I just want to go on record 1664291743

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION  I just want to go on record 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:33 am

supytalpeht wrote:

dont let them get to you supy. you are obviously a steeler fan and a knowledgeable one at that

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:37 am

vasteeler wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

dont let them get to you supy. you are obviously a steeler fan and a knowledgeable one at that

Not a chance in hell that they could get too me. I promise y'all no matter what tone anyone might read in my post I'm sitting here shitting and grinning. Now if I call someone a welching pos then the odds are good that I mean it, but that's probably pretty obvious.  I just want to go on record 1664291743
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:43 am

supytalpeht wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

Not a chance in hell that they could get too me. I promise y'all no matter what tone anyone might read in my post I'm sitting here shitting and grinning. Now if I call someone a welching pos then the odds are good that I mean it, but that's probably pretty obvious.  I just want to go on record 1664291743

You're typing to us on the toilet?

Or is THAT why you buy Depends?  I just want to go on record 1797695198

supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 11:52 am

SteelCityMom wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

Neither, I just sit on one of those 5 gallon homer buckets from Home Depot with the keyboard balanced on my knees. It really saves a lot of time walking back and forth, not too mention it's pretty green. Green in a literal manner and an odoriferous manner.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:00 pm

I'm guessing this has something to do with a pissing match over at SF. This is why I don't like pissing matches. First you get pissed on. Then you get pissed off. No one ever wins.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:01 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

Neither, I just sit on one of those 5 gallon homer buckets from Home Depot with the keyboard balanced on my knees. It really saves a lot of time walking back and forth, not too mention it's pretty green. Green in a literal manner and an odoriferous manner.

I just want to go on record 1549491426

How the hell did you get video of my husband?  I just want to go on record 2829330259

Did you know that Fierce Grape Gatorade makes you poop blue? True story.

supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:05 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
vasteeler wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

I just want to go on record 1549491426

How the hell did you get video of my husband?  I just want to go on record 2829330259

Can't say that I did

Guess what they say is true, you really do learn something new every day.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 12:07 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Wait, Fierce Grape Gatorade turns shit blue? If the Ravens win Sunday, I hope they dump it on Harbaugh then.  I just want to go on record 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
La Flama Blanca
Xtreme Newb
La Flama Blanca

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 2:56 pm

I thought playing injured players during the Browns game was stupid... I can't stand Sharpe, but have to agree that a healthy road team is better then a beat up home team. Arians might not be the problem, but he's not the answer either

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Just need to amend the blindly loyal idiotic closet ravens fan to now include troll. So now it should read the blindly loyal idiotic closet ravens fan troll.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:34 pm

And liberal. Don't forget liberal.  I just want to go on record 1549491426

I just want to go on record 1841364231

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Hey, I know you and ric and Rockon have a thing going on over there....but no pissing contests here please!

supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:38 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
Hey, I know you and ric and Rockon have a thing going on over there....but no pissing contests here please!

No pissing contest. I'm more than happy to get up off this bucket so Ric can kiss 100% of my ass. When he's done he can even use my bucket.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:39 pm

Yeah, I agree with Mom. As I've said, having this board isn't a situation like what happened with SF and SU.
Most of us still visit SF as well. We're just trying to do something a little differently here. I hope everyone continues to visit both boards. But any bad blood created over at SF should be dealt with over at SF.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

No pissing contest. I'm more than happy to get up off this bucket so Ric can kiss 100% of my ass. When he's done he can even use my bucket.

Well, bury whatever shit you have between you while you're here. You're both members here and we'd like to keep it that way.

You've both got opinions, but this is the internet. I'm not intervening over there anymore, so I'll do it here. It's a stupid thing to get in a serious argument over, so just let it go.

Last edited by SteelCityMom on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://forums.steelersfever.com/
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:41 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Yeah, I agree with Mom. As I've said, having this board isn't a situation like what happened with SF and SU.
Most of us still visit SF as well. We're just trying to do something a little differently here. I hope everyone continues to visit both boards. But any bad blood created over at SF should be dealt with over at SF.

I'm still sitting here on my bucket grinning
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

Supy, this is going a long way toward proving my point about pissing matches. You and ric are both good guys. And you both know a lot about football. And now you two are in a pissing match. I'll bet my left nut that neither of you will ever admit that the other one might be right. No one wins. As I always say, you'll never sway someone's opinion in a pissing match. But you can sway someone's opinion in a respectful discussion/debate.

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:46 pm

I didn't start this thread to continue a pissing match or anything of the like. I simply want a nice centrally located place for my opinions of various members of the Steelers. I'm not embarrassed by my opinion and I'm certainly not affraid to voice my opinion. THis thread should just be easy to reference.

To continue with the intent of the thread. As I've stated before I think Mendy is an average running back. Additional when discussing the Smizek article I think I called him slightly above mediocre.

edit to include my actual comment

"mediocre might be a little A LITTLE harsh, but average is certainly fitting"

"2 cents

Baron Batch has never taken a snap in an NFL game, don't know that I would go anointing him as anything yet. I'm intrigued by him, he looked good in practice, love his attitude, the way he writes etc, but he's going to have to do something on the field first.

I might be wrong, but I think Dwyer has only played in 1 game. He had a great carry in that game, but again I wouldn't go betting the farm on him yet. I'm also troubled by what appears to be a tendency of showing up to camp out of shape. At least I seem to remember reading that about him during training camp the last 2 years. And his body of work is a really small sample size. Also I think Dwyer was on his way to being on the outside looking in until Batch tore up his knee. I got the impression they were leaning towards Mendy,Redman, Moore, Batch this year. But, I have to admit that I get that impression solely from what I read about Batch during backs on backers last year.

John Clay might have some potential, but the sample size is once again so small that it's way too early to tell. We're talking like 20 carries total and 8 or 9 of those came agaisnt one of the worst teams in the league. Clay like Dwyer did well in college, but there are thousands of backs that did well in college and don't transition to the NFL.

I love the way Redman runs and he did extremely well against Denver. But, exceptional to me is reserved for the likes of AP, Foster, Sweetness, Emmit Smith etc. For my money Mendy and Redman aren't even in the same paragraph as those guys. Even with a very good O-line I don't see either of them becoming any of the above mentioned backs.

Mewelde Moore is Mewelde Moore. He can help us in a pinch, but he's not a feature back by any stretch of the imagination."
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:53 pm

None of us care if you want to voice your opinion. That's fine. You know full well what you're trying to turn this thread into though, and that's not going to sit well here.

I'm not going to get into a big long discussion about it, because like I said, I already know. I'm just saying knock it off. And you know what I'm referencing.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just want to go on record    I just want to go on record Empty

Back to top Go down

I just want to go on record
Page 1 of 1