Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeNetflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)

Go down 
+2
SteelCityMom
JonM229
6 posters
AuthorMessage
JonM229

JonM229

Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) Empty
PostSubject: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:12 pm

I figure this can use its own thread in the Television forum.

The wife and I have been working through many sitcoms and other shows the past few months since moving to our new house. We only have internet so Netflix Instant and Hulu Plus are our only means on television.

We just finished going through 3rd Rock From the Sun and I really, really love John Lithgow. We're currently going through Firefly and I've been annoying my wife by randomly singing the theme song.

Having both Netflix and Hulu Plus has helped us catch up on shows and keep current with them on Hulu Plus.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:34 pm

We pretty much do the same thing as you. We tried the Hulu+ free trial, and wasn't a big fan of it. Since we're going to be dropping the NetFlix DVDs soon though, we might pick it back up...especially now that we have the Wii (need hulu+ to watch it on there).

JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:37 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
We pretty much do the same thing as you. We tried the Hulu+ free trial, and wasn't a big fan of it. Since we're going to be dropping the NetFlix DVDs soon though, we might pick it back up...especially now that we have the Wii (need hulu+ to watch it on there).

The only reason we signed up for the Hulu Plus was to be able to watch it on TV. It's not worth it for web only.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:40 pm

JonM229 wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

The only reason we signed up for the Hulu Plus was to be able to watch it on TV. It's not worth it for web only.

No, definitely not. The only thing I like better about Hulu is being able to set up a playlist. NetFlix definitely has a better selection...without annoying commercials.

supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:41 pm

I've got a couple friends that do the same thing here. A digital antenna provides about 15 channels in HD and it's actually a better picture due to a lack of compression. Toss in Hulu and Netflix streaming and they come out way ahead. I think you can get ESPN through an Xbox as well.
Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:43 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
No, definitely not. The only thing I like better about Hulu is being able to set up a playlist. NetFlix definitely has a better selection...without annoying commercials.

They just redid everything on the Xbox and there's things I like and dislike about the new Netflix. You can go right to the next episode of a show when the credits start rolling on the current episode, but you can't access the episode list unless you're watching the show. Also, it doesn't always save your spot properly.

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 12:51 pm

JonM229 wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

They just redid everything on the Xbox and there's things I like and dislike about the new Netflix. You can go right to the next episode of a show when the credits start rolling on the current episode, but you can't access the episode list unless you're watching the show. Also, it doesn't always save your spot properly.

That's weird (the episode list). The Wii does a good job saving your spot, but you can't start another episode until after the one you're watching finishes.

Our Nook tablet sometimes has a tough time saving your spot though. And it'll freeze up the NetFlix menu at times too and you'll have to restart the Nook to get it to work again.

Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:26 pm

I have the benefit of the PS3's Netflix app, which was voted above all over consoles, except for the roku box. In my opinion, it's better than the roku as well.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 1:55 pm

bayz101 wrote:
I have the benefit of the PS3's Netflix app, which was voted above all over consoles, except for the roku box. In my opinion, it's better than the roku as well.

I've seen the PS3 Netflix app and it is indeed head and shoulders above all else

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Well, that's cause Sony kicks ass at all kinds of things!

I'd love to have a PS3...I loved both my PS and PS2. Kid wanted the damn Wii though. Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) 1797695198

JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:41 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:

Except for properly storing save games for Skyrim

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptySun Jan 15, 2012 4:43 pm

JonM229 wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

Except for properly storing save games for Skyrim

Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) 1664291743 I wouldn't know. Jon has that for the PC.

JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:51 pm

Anyone watch Portlandia yet? It's a really funny sketch show that takes place in Portland, OR and stars Fred Armisen of SNL and Carrie Brownstein from the band Sleater-Kinney. It's similar to Kids in the Hall in that they play several characters throughout the show, and they're all ridiculously hilarious.

Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 4:15 pm

I watch NetFlix on Wii and on the comp. I find it easier to navegate and search on the computer and anything older or outdated looks just as good right infront of my 20' LCD screen as it does across the room on my 37" HD TV. Movies and newer aspect ratio shows I watch on thw Wii and big TV.

The kids watch it constantly on Wii.
Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 4:16 pm

I watched "Dollhouse" and "Spaced recently and enjoyed them both.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) EmptyFri May 17, 2013 10:31 am

Just finished watching season 4 of Fringe. It's a much better show than I expected. I actually enjoy it more than X Files.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)   Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version) Empty

Back to top Go down

Netflix Instant/Hulu Plus Thread (TV Version)
Page 1 of 1