Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePlayoff Dirtiness Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Playoff Dirtiness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mcg24

mcg24

Playoff Dirtiness Empty
PostSubject: Playoff Dirtiness   Playoff Dirtiness EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm talking about some of these hits we have seen the past couple days. We all saw the Downie hit and the Kunitz hit, but how about tonight. We have Jaroslav Spacek bleeding from his ear after being hit from behind by Milan Lucic (Lucic was kicked out), and Danny Briere nailed Niedermayer head first into the boards during the Flyers game. Note, this isn't the Flyers first offense this series. Mike Richards had a blatant hit from behind as well.

What is going on? Hockey is a dangerous game no doubt, but I've never seen anything like this. This is ridiculous, and these sissy one game suspensions the NHL is giving out are pathetic. Someone is GOING to get seriously injured if the NHL doesn't get their act together. Pathetic job National Hockey League.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Playoff Dirtiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Dirtiness   Playoff Dirtiness EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:06 pm

of course im bias because im a die hard flyers fan but that just looked like an average check to me Playoff Dirtiness 2087824411
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

Playoff Dirtiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Dirtiness   Playoff Dirtiness EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 9:08 pm

vasteeler wrote:
of course im bias because im a die hard flyers fan but that just looked like an average check to me Playoff Dirtiness 2087824411

As a former hockey player, my ultimate fear was being pushed when skating towards the boards. You are defenseless and there is nothing you can do if you lose your balance. That is a dirty hit. Briere probably should have received a major penalty for his hit tonight, but he got a measly two minute penalty.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Playoff Dirtiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Dirtiness   Playoff Dirtiness EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 8:34 am

I blame the officials because just like the NFL certain officiating crews allow certain things to happen while others do not.

Take a look at last night in the Boston/Canadiens game on the first goal that was disallowed. Then also look at the hits where sometimes the guy leaves his feet for a punishing hit (in one game they'll get the call, in the next - NOTHING).

Properly trained officiating and following the guidelines for such hits would help eliminate the crap we're seeing.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Playoff Dirtiness 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

Playoff Dirtiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Dirtiness   Playoff Dirtiness EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 1:00 pm

While the officials need to be more consistent with their calls, the NHL is to blame here I think.

The NHL needs to give out meaningful and CONSISTENT suspensions. Lucic was kicked out of the game last night, I'd consider that a one game suspension. His hit, although it looked much worse, wasn't even as bad as Richards' because Spacek turned his back to Lucic to try to protect himself.

If the league is going to suspend Downie a game for leaving his feet and Kunitz a game for giving an elbow, why won't the league suspend these players for slamming a defenseless player's head and neck into the boards? Get your heads out of your asses NHL.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Playoff Dirtiness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playoff Dirtiness   Playoff Dirtiness Empty

Back to top Go down

Playoff Dirtiness
Page 1 of 1