Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThis is my point... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

This is my point...

Go down 
+4
Buddha Bus
solardave
Bays
Gingerchip
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

This is my point... Empty
PostSubject: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:12 am

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Pittsburgh-Steelers-Ben-Roethlisberger-unhappy-with-Bruce-Arians-firing-012712

As I said on the other post regarding Ben talking to Rooney (that he should have kept his mouth shut) -- the media headlines.

This situation is more than likely embarrassing for Tomlin, and then Ben has to had fuel to the fire. I'm not saying that Ben doesn't have a right to talk to Rooney, I am only saying that he should have kept it private and in-house.

I would think that Mr. Rooney does not appreciate a headline like this either.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:45 am

If your comments about Ben are based on the article written with his quoted comments in it, you may want to listen to this:

http://goo.gl/NRhPk

He seems the farthest from angry. His eyes are set on the future, and he's optimistic.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:01 am

And you could always say: "Regardless of how he said it, and what tone he said it in, he should have just not said anything at all.".

"The controversy isn't needed right now."

Not saying anyone did say that, but after listening to the interview, it's really all that could be said? Here's my response to that yet-to-be-used comment:

What would you have wanted him to say? No comment? It's obvious every question the reporter asked him was related to the Steelers offensive future (what else would he have asked him?). By saying nothing at all the suspicions over whether or not Ben's happy with Rooney would only EXPLODE more than it has already. Talk is cheap, and I doubt Rooney's going to get angry over this. I'd like to think our 100 million dollar quarterback would go and talk to the front-office after they fire the teams offensive coordinator. It's a no-brainer!

I would like to think that Ben would want to go up to Rooney's office and try and get on the same page with him, wouldn't you?

My point is:

The writers blow these things WAY out of proportion. There's absolutely no reason for me to believe Ben's angry with anything, much less Rooney's decisions. Anything else is just speculation. Listen to the interview. Listen to ALL interviews. Reading them is an entirely different thing. Come to think of it, half of the Steelers fan base started slinging shit at the NFL when Harrison talked out against King Goodell for the fines and suspensions, but when the team's quarterback says he's going to talk with Rooney about the offense, fans tell him to shut his mouth! This is my point... 1797695198

solardave

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:12 am

I don't think Ben is upset. I look at this as the media trying to start some BS. It's what they do. Ben's smart and he probably saw the writing on the wall even before the season ended. We just weren't getting the job done on offense.

Bad play calling. No seeming need to adjust during games and Ben being a sitting duck. I look for the FO to do something totally out of character and figure out a way to dive in to free agency to bring in some protection and also address this in the draft. Don't be surprised if our 1rst and or second pick is an O-lineman capable of playing multiple positions. That way we can unload some dead weight like Kemo, (I think Colon is done) and probably Essex.
I say Colon because at this stage the guy can't stay healthy and he's of no value on IR.

I really don't follow college ball so I wouldn't even venture a guess as to who we go after. I would like to hear what you guys think about this subject.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:34 am

solardave wrote:
I don't think Ben is upset. I look at this as the media trying to start some BS. It's what they do. Ben's smart and he probably saw the writing on the wall even before the season ended. We just weren't getting the job done on offense.

Bad play calling. No seeming need to adjust during games and Ben being a sitting duck. I look for the FO to do something totally out of character and figure out a way to dive in to free agency to bring in some protection and also address this in the draft. Don't be surprised if our 1rst and or second pick is an O-lineman capable of playing multiple positions. That way we can unload some dead weight like Kemo, (I think Colon is done) and probably Essex.
I say Colon because at this stage the guy can't stay healthy and he's of no value on IR.

I really don't follow college ball so I wouldn't even venture a guess as to who we go after. I would like to hear what you guys think about this subject.

I don't follow college ball either, so I couldn't venture a guess as to who they should or could draft, but you can guarantee they will draft some guys, most likely in the early rounds. I doubt free agency is going to be much of an option just because the Steelers history of building teams is rarely through that route and we have cap problems so we're going to go the cheaper path (i.e. the draft) to address it. They haven't brought in any worthwhile free-agent veteran o-lineman in the past few years to address the problem, they almost certainly won't do it now that the cap is an issue.

Kemo is as good as gone. Essex is very much a possibility for being handed his walking papers if we get some promising new guys. Colon I'm not sure about. I'd like to give him one more shot and maybe move him over to RG to address that area of need. Bring Starks back for one more year at LT, Pouncey at center, Gilbert at RT, Colon moved to RG, and draft another guard (or two) and tackle early on to try to take over for Starks/Colon/Legursky. Ideally, I'd like to see the line as Starks-rookie stud guard-Pouncey-Colon-Gilbert. If we can't get a guard who can start right away, Legursky can hold down the position for another year.

If we can also draft a solid fullback, our QB protection could look drastically improved next season.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:36 am

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:45 am

JonM229 wrote:
THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!

It's all Billy Cundiff's fault! He kicked that ball right into the supports about 7 miles wide-left of the goalposts. This is my point... 3798349058

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:47 am

You shut your big fat whore mouth!!!

This is my point... Kansas-Fans-Taunt-Billy-Cundiff

Fucking Kansas

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:56 am

JonM229 wrote:

Fucking Kansas

This is my point... 3562723908 This is my point... 3562723908 This is my point... 3562723908 This is my point... 3562723908

Back to top Go down
La Flama Blanca
Xtreme Newb
La Flama Blanca

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:34 pm

I agree with the above.... Ben should have kept his mouth shut. This franchise owes Ben nothing and they seem to be heading toward bringing a running game in to compliment the passing. I'm all for it!

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:08 pm

I listen to Ben's interview and I heard nothing that would be considered "Drama" unless you want to put spin on it. A professional sport with owners, coaches, and players having different opinion on how they wish to proceed with the offense. The only thing if I had been Ben is I would have kept my intentions to myself, but then when he does go to speak to Rooney some more spin doctors will say something like "Ben charged into his office and demanded to know what the hell is going on." IMO this is a lotta of nothing. Media and Ben bashers hoping for a reaction to Arians dismissal.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 6:10 pm

JonM229 wrote:

Fucking Kansas

This is my point... 1549491426 This is my point... 2573146105 This is my point... 2573146105 This is my point... 2573146105 This is my point... 2573146105
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 9:35 pm

La Flama Blanca wrote:
I agree with the above.... Ben should have kept his mouth shut. This franchise owes Ben nothing and they seem to be heading toward bringing a running game in to compliment the passing. I'm all for it!

This is my point... 1075563676 This is my point... 2967646000

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:33 am

solardave wrote:
I look at this as the media trying to start some BS. It's what they do.

Totally agree. Listening to Ben's comments, it's obvious he wants to understand what the owner is looking to change in the offense. I didn't see anything that falls under the category of "Demanding Answers". Rooney inferred there were things that needed to change and got into a few concerns around Ben. Also, put yourself in Ben's position. Your manager was just sh!t canned and you don't know who the next manager is going to be. Would you wonder how your job is going to change. When it comes to football, the coordinator's philosophy drives a big part of the jobs of the players. All of this sounds fair enough to me without some kind of bad blood brewing. This is a media created story because they have nothing else to do.

I'd say some of the members in the press need to wipe the Arians spooge off their chins and get over this. Time to move on.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:56 pm

I'm not saying that Ben doesn't deserve to know what Rooney expects, or that he doesn't have a right to a meeting or to question.....but the point is that we all know that the media spins and sensationalizes almost everything that comes out of a person's mouth.

IMO, he could have said something to the effect that there would be meetings in the future to plan the offensive strategy or ....I don't know...(I'm not Ben). There are many ways to address this issue. I just think that he added fuel to the fire, judging by the numerous reactions from fans, the press, etc.

At this stage, the point is moot anyway.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is my point...   This is my point... Empty

Back to top Go down

This is my point...
Page 1 of 1