Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home*UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

*UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin

Go down 
+4
supytalpeht
La Flama Blanca
Wallace108
Buddha Bus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

*UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin Empty
PostSubject: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:48 pm

This was just posted by Tony over at SF. Apparently it was tweeted by Mark Kaboly. If true, I'm very excited about this prospect and it would make sense as to why Fichtner hasn't been outright named as Arians' successor yet. They are still exploring other options.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=85262

Last edited by Buddha Bus on Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Yeah, I hope they meet with Caldwell and a few other candidates. If the report is valid about Ben making a power play to get Fichtner, that's a great reason alone to explore elsewhere.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Yeah, I hope they meet with Caldwell and a few other candidates. If the report is valid about Ben making a power play to get Fichtner, that's a great reason alone to explore elsewhere.

I agree. If the story of Ben possibly making that play is true, he may feel like Fichtner is someone he can control or will allow him to continue with his bad habits. Ben needs someone who can stand up to him and correct his poor decision making, not allow him to continue with the stubborn kind of play he showcases at times. He needs a leader, not a friend.

Back to top Go down
La Flama Blanca
Xtreme Newb
La Flama Blanca

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 1:32 pm

glad to hear they are interviewing.... I wasn't happy with Ben's latest comments and lean toward a fresh mind in there

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:06 pm

They're not even sure it was him?
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:08 pm

supytalpeht wrote:

Which is why there was a question mark. *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 2981382511

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

Which is why there was a question mark. *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 2981382511

I'm just laughing at how far people are willing to stretch things. Interestingly enough a more recent tweet to Kaboly has Arians going to the Colts as their next OC.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:35 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

I'm just laughing at how far people are willing to stretch things. Interestingly enough a more recent tweet to Kaboly has Arians going to the Colts as their next OC.
And if you think it's just Steelers fans who hate Arians, here's some posts from a Colts board. *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 1664291743

Quote :
Yeah no thanks to Arians.

Talk about an underachieving offense.

Quote :
We still have an OC...?

Anyways, if this is true.... NO!
Quote :

I am just hoping Arians is the QB coach not the offensive coordinator... ugh
Quote :

*UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 3562723908

I didn't see any posts in support of Arians as the Colt's OC. *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 2087824411

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

And if you think it's just Steelers fans who hate Arians, here's some posts from a Colts board. *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 1664291743

Quote :

Quote :
We still have an OC...?

Quote :

Quote :

I didn't see any posts in support of Arians as the Colt's OC. *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 2087824411

Your point? You see lots of posts for people clamoring for tim tebow, but that sure as hell doesn't make him a good qb.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 2:44 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Your point? You see lots of posts for people clamoring for tim tebow, but that sure as hell doesn't make him a good qb.

I don't have a point. I just thought it was funny. Especially this ...

*UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 3562723908 *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 3562723908 *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 3562723908 *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 3562723908

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 3:53 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
supytalpeht wrote:

Quote :

Quote :
We still have an OC...?

Quote :

Quote :

Oh no you didn't just bring a Tebow to an Arians fight!!! *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 1549491426
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Jim Caldwell meets with Steelers about coordinator job
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 29, 2012, 2:32 PM EST

The Steelers and Colts may wind up unintentionally trading offensive coaches.

Deposed Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has landed with the Colts. And dismissed Colts head coach Jim Caldwell may wind up in Pittsburgh.

Jason La Canfora of NFL Network reports that the Steelers interviewed Caldwell for their vacant coordinator position over the weekend. They are considering other candidates as well.

Going with Caldwell would clearly mark a different direction for the Steelers offense. Florio wrote earlier this week about how Ben Roethlisberger could make a power play in an effort to get quarterbacks coach Randy Fichtner elevated to the offensive coordinator job.

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/29/jim-caldwell-meets-with-steelers-about-coordinator-job/

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I guess the question mark can be removed from the title now.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:02 pm

I'd rather have Buddha as our OC than Caldwell nothing against the man but he went 2-14 without Payton
While Arians went 3-1 without Ben last year.I'm ok with Arians leaving but we can't just hire someone just because
He's worked with Tomlin before, I just don't get why everybody's so happy with this hire( if it happens) I don't think
He's the right man for the job IMO

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
diesel3
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Hey Guys Long time fan from North Carolina. Went to my first game at heinz this year against Browns. I personally do not want Caldwell. He was here at Wake Forest and was terrible. Has done nothing with Colts. If we go outside of our team I would prefer Hue Jackson former coach for Raiders. more concerned with Butler leaving than offense. If we are going back to running we need Redmon not Mendanhall. He is more physical
Back to top Go down
http://sharpedgelawncare.com
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 7:59 pm

diesel3 wrote:
Hey Guys Long time fan from North Carolina. Went to my first game at heinz this year against Browns. I personally do not want Caldwell. He was here at Wake Forest and was terrible. Has done nothing with Colts. If we go outside of our team I would prefer Hue Jackson former coach for Raiders. more concerned with Butler leaving than offense. If we are going back to running we need Redmon not Mendanhall. He is more physical
Welcome to SX, diesel. *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 230572241

I'm with you ... I'm not too high on Caldwell. I'd also prefer Jackson.

Back to top Go down
diesel3
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:07 pm

Thanks. I never knew a forum for Steelers existed. Just found it by accident. Just saw Ben throw a td for AFC. But anyway I don't think we can change the style Ben plays but I do believe we need to protect him better. If we want to run more like media is saying then we will need a better line to do that. if we can run more then it makes Ben stronger in the pocket. We do need to run more than we have but we got to dominate the line first
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 8:54 pm

diesel3 wrote:

Welcome to the board, diesel!

I'm not sure how Caldwell will do as an OC (if it happens), but I know I wasn't happy with Arians and will welcome a change. I'm sure there are better candidates than Caldwell. We'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

Back to top Go down
diesel3
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:33 pm

i am glad he is gone too but there are better out there. I rather have the QB coach or Jackson, or Haley. NOt Caldwell but who knows maybe he will surprise us
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:42 pm

diesel3 wrote:
Thanks. I never knew a forum for Steelers existed. Just found it by accident.
OK, I'm curious. How did you find us?

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 am

Sounds like this discussion may have just died. The Ravens are reportedly going to hire Caldwell as their new QB coach.

http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t1832-source-ravens-to-hire-jim-caldwell#25578

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 4:37 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
Sounds like this discussion may have just died. The Ravens are reportedly going to hire Caldwell as their new QB coach.

http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t1832-source-ravens-to-hire-jim-caldwell#25578

R.I.P. discussion. It lived a short life *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 1797695198

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 10:20 am

Good. I wasn't too excited about the thought of Caldwell being our OC.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 1:32 pm

C'mon Hue Jackson! *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 1426860608

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 5:50 pm

I'm going to lock this thread since Caldwell has signed with the Ravens. *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin 184121345

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin   *UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin Empty

Back to top Go down

*UPDATE* Jim Caldwell meets with Tomlin
Page 1 of 1