Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeYour top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers.

Go down 
+2
Gingerchip
Buddha Bus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers. Empty
PostSubject: Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers.   Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Who would you consider to be your personal top 5 most exciting and top 5 most painful Steelers players to watch play? Not necessarily the best or worst, just most fun and least fun to witness in action. In no particular order.

Most Exciting:

1) Ben Roethlisberger- The things he can do moving in the pocket and breaking tackles are amazing. He can give me heart attacks at times with his sandlot style and gritty toughness.

2) Troy Polamalu- Simply the most awe-inspiring Steelers player I've gotten to witness in my lifetime. He does things no other mortal man can do, or should be able to do.

3) Jack Lambert- The meanest, nastiest LB ever! Just to look at him would make me want to curl up in the fetal position and cry.

4) Jerome Bettis- I loved watching The Bus plow over guys and get up legs pumping to get the crowd and team jacked up.

5) Rod Woodson- One hell of a player and a masterful cornerback with great hands. Too bad we couldn't have won a Super Bowl for him.

Most Painful:

1) Mitch Berger- He racked up more shanks than the entire HBO series "Oz". I honestly began to wonder if he had 2 prosthetic legs.

2) Mark Malone- Why was this guy ever converted from WR to QB? He couldn't possibly have been worse at that position.

3) Chad Scott- One of my all-time most hated Steelers players. When he wasn't getting faked out of his pants and his bare ass torched, he was committing pass interference after pass interference. UGH!

4) Carey Davis- A fullback that couldn't block his asshole with his thumb. Even though it sure looked like he was trying to do just that on the football field.

5) Sean Mahan- He made a wet paper bag look like an impenetrable fortress in comparison. I honestly thought I could hear this sound every time he snapped the ball.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers.   Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Quote :
Most Exciting:

1) Ben Roethlisberger- The things he can do moving in the pocket and breaking tackles are amazing. He can give me heart attacks at times with his sandlot style and gritty toughness.

2) Troy Polamalu- Simply the most awe-inspiring Steelers player I've gotten to witness in my lifetime. He does things no other mortal man can do, or should be able to do.

3) Jack Lambert- The meanest, nastiest LB ever! Just to look at him would make me want to curl up in the fetal position and cry.

4) Jerome Bettis- I loved watching The Bus plow over guys and get up legs pumping to get the crowd and team jacked up.

5) Rod Woodson- One hell of a player and a masterful cornerback with great hands. Too bad we couldn't have won a Super Bowl for him.

I ditto your list with these exceptions:

1) Lynn Swann - everytime Bradshaw threw a pass to him he was poetry in motion

4) Joe Greene - Bam - Smash - Zonk - Omph ---- just like a Batman Movie

5) Hines Ward - Love watching him, as a WR, block and level players like Ed Reed

Most Painful:

I can only think of one:

1) Neil O'Donnell - He made me nervous when he threw passes and always looked a bit on the shady side.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers.   Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 8:59 pm

Most exciting (no particular order):
1. Lynn Swann (poetry in motion) EDIT ... ginger beat me to it.
2. Troy Polamalu (I've never seen another player fly around the field like he does)
3. Hines Ward (the NFL changed the rules because of him. Enough said)
4. Greg Lloyd (a bad, bad man)
5. Jack Lambert (he helped define what it meant to be a Steeler)

Most painful:
1. Kordell Stewart (just think of the possibilities if he had remained Slash)
2. Limas Sweed (so much talent wasted)
3. Chad Scott (for the same reasons Buddha listed)
4. Bubby Brister (loved his passion, but passion gets you only so far without talent)
5. Clark Haggans (what did Cowher see in this guy?)

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
BornaSteelersfan
Xtreme Newb
BornaSteelersfan

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers.   Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers. EmptyWed Feb 01, 2012 11:46 pm

Exciting:

1) Hines Ward (he could hit and get hit while always wearing that smile)
2) Jerome Bettis (he could make any line look good)
3) Terry Bradshaw (could take the hits and make the big passes, the orchestrator of that offense)
4) Rod Woodson (SBXXX come back was truly inspirational)
5) Ben Roethlisberger (watching him make something out of nothing and avoid tackles is awesome)

Painful:

1) Kordel Stewart (every time he would make a long pass I cringed because it was usually an INT)
2) Chris Kemoeatu (Every time a flag is thrown against us while he is on the field...I think it's him...usually correctly)
3) Plaxico Burress (While a Steeler, he dropped more great passes than he caught...I was glad to see him go)
4) Mark Malone (we might as well have been "left alone")
5) Ben Roethlisberger (makes both lists because he is both...INTs...sacks...fumbles...injuries)
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers.   Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:42 am

BornaSteelersfan wrote:
2) Chris Kemoeatu (Every time a flag is thrown against us while he is on the field...I think it's him...usually correctly)
How could I have forgotten Kemo? Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers. 294855916
I'd have to add him to my list and remove Haggans.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers.   Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:40 am

Exciting:

The immaculate reception!!
Bradshaw to either Swann or Stallworth.
Ben long to whoever.
Hines leveling anyone in his way.Hopping over Bailey in the playoffs.
Jack Lambert ( no nonsense in your face on every down)
Ryan Clark TKOing McGahee.
Troy's int against the Rats in the AFCCG.
Jerome smashing Erlacher to get into the endzone.
NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Painfull:

High and wide O'dumbass throwing 2 INT's in the SB against Dallas in 96'.( I still hate him)
Chad Scott (what a waste of a roster spot)
Watching Sweed struggle.
Kemo throwing punches after the whistle.
Watching our D-line in Knoll's last couple of seasons.
Watching Tebow look like Elway just a few weeks ago. ( I'm over it though)
Hearing about guys like Webster,Strelszyk,Ernie Holmes,Dwight White passing on.
Living in Kentucky and watching Dermonti go through his financial problems on local news.
Back to top Go down
SteelerTide
Xtreme Newb
SteelerTide

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers.   Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers. EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 5:02 am

Painful:
Neil O'Donnell - Best Aikman impression ever.
Kevin Greene - Yeah, no longer a Steeler, but will never forgive him for last year.

PostSubject: Re: Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers.   Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers. Empty

Back to top Go down

Your top 5 most exciting/most painful Steelers.
Page 1 of 1