Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeArians: 'It was a great ride' with Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Arians: 'It was a great ride' with Steelers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Arians: 'It was a great ride' with Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Arians: 'It was a great ride' with Steelers   Arians: 'It was a great ride' with Steelers EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:52 am

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

His time with the Steelers didn't end how he had hoped, but Bruce Arians said he hasn't "been this excited in years," after his hiring as Indianapolis Colts offensive coordinator.

"I walked into the building (Monday) and never been greeted any better in my 37 years of coaching," Arians said Wednesday during an introductory conference call with reporters. "It's a new beginning. I am really excited about putting that horseshoe back on. I am looking forward to it."

Arians, 59, was the Colts' quarterbacks coach from 1998-2000, and the organization brought him back on Tuesday to run the offense. The move came 10 days after Arians parted ways with the Steelers in what the organization labeled as a retirement.

Arians later admitted it wasn't a retirement and that he wasn't offered a contract by team president Art Rooney II. Rooney responded by saying Arians' constant struggle with retirement prompted the organization to go in a different direction.

Arians, however, said yesterday he hasn't worried about retirement in years.

Even though his departure ended on bad terms, Arians said he cherishes his time with the Steelers.

"I was enjoying what I was doing," he said.

Read more: Colts offensive coordinator Arians: 'It was a great ride' with Steelers - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_779545.html#ixzz1lCVfSrJE
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This quote later in the article jumped out at me ...
Quote :
"We were second in the league in time of possession this year, but we threw more than we ran," Arians said. "We won a lot of games by running out the clock by throwing the football."

Uh, REALLY?? I seem to remember 8 games this season where the offense couldn't control the ball with less than 5 minutes left in the game, and gave the ball back to the other teams with a chance to win the games. The defense saved 7 of those 8 games.

But it no longer matters. Enjoy your retirement, er, I mean enjoy your new gig, Bruce.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Arians: 'It was a great ride' with Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arians: 'It was a great ride' with Steelers   Arians: 'It was a great ride' with Steelers EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Ya can only ride the bubble screen so far.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down

Arians: 'It was a great ride' with Steelers
Page 1 of 1