Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers' Arians contemplated his retirement Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement Empty
PostSubject: Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement   Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:37 am

By Joe Starkey, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians considered retiring after the Super Bowl but decided against it after talking to several people close to him. One was quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. The two spent time together in Georgia shortly after the Super Bowl.

"Ben and I were sitting on the porch, and he just kept bringing up young names, saying, 'You don't really want to leave these guys yet, do you?' " Arians said Monday. "It had been four weeks (since the Super Bowl) at that point. My wife was like, 'You're going back to work.' I said, 'All right, we'll do it.' I'm really looking forward to it."

Arians, 58, is a prostate cancer survivor. Though he has a clean bill of health, he said his "health history the past few years" and that he became eligible for retirement made him consider stepping down.

Read more: Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_751748.html#ixzz1VARReVZ4
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote :
The two spent time together in Georgia shortly after the Super Bowl.
OK, I've said it before and I'll say it again. NOTHING GOOD EVER HAPPENS WHEN OUR PLAYERS GO TO GEORGIA!!!!!

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement   Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:53 am

I've said this before and I'll say it again... I have no idea what Ben sees or even likes about Arians as far as football goes. Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement 1505004552

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement   Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:07 am

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
I've said this before and I'll say it again... I have no idea what Ben sees or even likes about Arians as far as football goes. Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement 1505004552
The best I can figure is that BA trusts Ben and allows him to do whatever he wants. So of course Ben loves BA ... we'd all love to have bosses that let us do whatever we wanted to do.

I've had a lot of debates regarding BA, but he said something that season that just sticks out in my mind. After our O-Line got beat up and the backups were playing like crap, BA was asked if he planned on changing the offense to account for the makeshift line. His response was ... NO!!! He had his plan, and the backups would would be expected to just step in and get the job done.

And that's my problem with BA .... he does what he wants to do regardless of the talent or the situation he's dealt with. Our line isn't built for pass blocking, but damn it, BA wants a pass first offense, so that's what we're going to do.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement   Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:31 am

Wallace108 wrote:
And that's my problem with BA .... he does what he wants to do regardless of the talent or the situation he's dealt with. Our line isn't built for pass blocking, but damn it, BA wants a pass first offense, so that's what we're going to do.

Yeah, I remember reading that quote last year (or whenever he said it). I was quite surprised to hear it after the whole Cleveland debacle in 09 with the game plan not being changed because of the weather. So, actually it shouldn't have been a surprise to me when it applied to available players and the opponents defense. Spaeth is not Miller. Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement 1505004552

Only a couple more years of BA to put up with... hopefully. Why couldn't have he retired? Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement 2625562446

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement   Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:57 am

Dang it Ben! STOP TALKING TO BA...let him retire!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement   Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers' Arians contemplated his retirement
Page 1 of 1