Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLegursky hopes injuries are behind him Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Legursky hopes injuries are behind him

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Legursky hopes injuries are behind him Empty
PostSubject: Legursky hopes injuries are behind him   Legursky hopes injuries are behind him EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:36 pm

By Teresa Varley - Steelers.com

Doug Legursky is hoping the worst is behind him. He hopes to never experience a season like he did in 2011, when injures kept him sidelined on multiple occasions and prevented him from doing what he loves most, playing football.

Legursky opened the season as the Steelers starting right guard, but a shoulder injury early on sidelined him week four against the Houston Texans.

He returned to the lineup the following week against Tennessee, starting two consecutive games at left guard for Chris Kemoeatu, while Ramon Foster moved into the starting right guard spot.

But just as he was getting back on track, the injury bug struck again. He dislocated his toe against Jacksonville, forcing him to leave the game and in turn miss the next three.

You could see the injuries were wearing on him, but he was quiet and rarely complained. They bothered him more than he let on publicly, and just when he thought he overcame the injuries for the year, he injured his shoulder on Dec. 24 against St. Louis while starting for injured center Maurkice Pouncey.

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Legursky-hopes-injuries-are-behind-him/0ba27f9a-b135-4bb9-9614-75396fa3bd9f

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Legursky hopes injuries are behind him   Legursky hopes injuries are behind him EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:55 pm

I like Legursky, I think he has a lot of upswing and potential for the Steelers.

I'd like to see him stay healthy.

Heck with the way the last few years have ended for the IR, I'd appreciate the injury bug moving on to say, New England and/or Baltimore.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Legursky hopes injuries are behind him 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Legursky hopes injuries are behind him   Legursky hopes injuries are behind him EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:58 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I like Legursky, I think he has a lot of upswing and potential for the Steelers.

I'd like to see him stay healthy.

Heck with the way the last few years have ended for the IR, I'd appreciate the injury bug moving on to say, New England and/or Baltimore.

I'd like Legursky to get healthy as well, but I'd rather see him in a back-up role where he's more suited and is very flexible. He can play guard or center and even come in in goal line situations as a FB. I'd rather we draft some strong o-line talent to start over him, but I'm probably dreaming.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legursky hopes injuries are behind him   Legursky hopes injuries are behind him Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1