Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers to release Hines Ward Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers to release Hines Ward

Go down 
+5
JonM229
Drizztbob
vasteeler
fer69
Buddha Bus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers to release Hines Ward Empty
PostSubject: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:34 pm

Posted 25 minutes ago

“We had a conversation today with Hines Ward and informed him that we plan to release him of his contract prior to the start of the 2012 NFL calendar year,” Steelers President Art Rooney II told the team’s website, Steelers.com. “Hines has been an integral part of our success since we drafted him in 1998 and we will forever be grateful for what he has helped us achieve. He has meant so much to this organization, both on and off the field, and we appreciate his efforts over the past 14 years. Hines’ accomplishments are numerous, and he will always be thought of as one of the all-time great Steelers. We wish him nothing but the best.”

Ward was originally drafted by the Steelers in the third round of the 1998 NFL Draft out of Georgia. He spent 14 years in Pittsburgh and became the team’s all-time leader in receptions (1,000), receiving yards (12,083), receiving touchdowns (85) and 100-yard receiving games (29). Ward is the eighth player in NFL history to reach 1,000 career receptions and joined only Hall of Famer Jerry Rice as the only two players in league history to post 1,000 career catches and win multiple Super Bowls.

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-to-release-Hines-Ward/ba693de8-74b6-4435-b879-091e6766736a

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This sucks big time. It's very sad but not unexpected. He will always be a Steelers legend. It won't be the same not seeing that trademark smile on the field cracking opposing skulls and making the tough catches. Thank you for all the great memories, Hines. We'll never forget all you've done for this team. Good luck! Steelers to release Hines Ward 3299131622

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 5:58 pm

Steelers cut ties with veteran wide receiver Ward
By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Last updated: 5:30 pm

The Steelers announced today that they will sever ties with receiver Hines Ward.

"We had a conversation today with Hines Ward and informed him that we plan to release him of his contract prior to the start of the 2012 NFL calendar year," Steelers president Art Rooney II said in a report on the team's website. "Hines has been an integral part of our success since we drafted him in 1998, and we will forever be grateful for what he has helped us achieve. He has meant so much to this organization, both on and off the field, and we appreciate his efforts over the past 14 years. Hines' accomplishments are numerous, and he will always be thought of as one of the all-time great Steelers. We wish him nothing but the best."

Read more: Steelers cut ties with veteran wide receiver Ward - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_784165.html#ixzz1noYx6nSl

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:05 pm

we kinda knew this was gonna happen, but it still sucks Steelers to release Hines Ward 2913999526

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:05 pm

its the best thing......... Steelers to release Hines Ward 2164293255

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:56 pm

Dammit, I hope he retires and doesn't sign with some BS team. Don't pull a Franco or Jerry Rice!!

Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Dammit, I hope he retires and doesn't sign with some BS team. Don't pull a Franco or Jerry Rice!!

I don't know if I could stomach seeing him in another uniform. :doublepuke:

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:10 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:14 pm

JonM229 wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

You bastard! Steelers to release Hines Ward 2625562446

Steelers to release Hines Ward 312503953

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Ward's statement on his future... Steelers to release Hines Ward 2913999526 Steelers to release Hines Ward 2913999526

"this isn't how I wanted this chapter of my career to end"

"I do feel that I still have more football left in me and I am looking forward to playing in the NFL, again, this upcoming season,"

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:20 pm

I can only hope there was more to the conversation to the extent that he'll be re-signed for less money to finish his career a STEELER as he should.

This is like when your use to a person being your neighbor, you've shared many years together, great laughs, your kids grew up together, and then one day you wake up and they've moved.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers to release Hines Ward 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:39 pm

He'll be back in a Steelers uniform. I'll bet my account on it.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Wouldn't do that if I we're you BGSU, Hines seems under the impressive that he's gone.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:48 pm

"This isn't how I wanted this chapter of my career to end. I did everything in my power to remain a Steeler and finish what I started here 14 years ago. I want to thank the organization, my teammates and coaches and everyone who made my run as a Steeler the best years of my life.

To Mr. Rooney, thank you for allowing me to play for one of the greatest organizations in the world. To my fans and in particular, Steeler Nation, thank you for your support and all the great memories. I gave my heart and soul for you every down and I will always bleed black and gold. I do feel that I still have more football left in me and I am looking forward to playing in the NFL, again, this upcoming season. - HINES"

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 11:30 pm

Quote :
He'll be back in a Steelers uniform. I'll bet my account on it.

I wish to God that you were right, but on his facebook page, there is a link to some of his memorabilia for sale -- signed footballs and such.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers to release Hines Ward   Steelers to release Hines Ward Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1