Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWard visits UGA football practice, considering coaching career Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ward visits UGA football practice, considering coaching career

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Ward visits UGA football practice, considering coaching career Empty
PostSubject: Ward visits UGA football practice, considering coaching career   Ward visits UGA football practice, considering coaching career EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 12:10 am

ATHENS – Hines Ward was a visitor at Georgia’s spring football practice on Tuesday, but you had to look hard to find him.

Dressed head-to-toe in Bulldogs’ coaching garb, unless you looked very closely it was impossible to distinguish him from any number of assistant coaches, grad assistants, managers or trainers. But Ward wasn’t trying to be incognito. The Pittsburgh Steelers’ star and recent NFL retiree came to his alma mater to try to get an idea whether college coaching would be a vocation he cared to pursuit.

“He just wanted to come over and spend the day with me and kind of see what coaching was like,” said offensive coordinator Mike Bobo, who played all four years at Georgia with Ward (1994-97). “He’s trying to see if that’s something he wants to go into.”

Asked what his advice was to Ward, Bobo laughed. “My wife told to me to tell him no.”

Nevertheless, Ward is expected to shadow Bobo for at least a couple more days. The Bulldogs are actually conducting a coaches’ clinic this week, which begins on Thursday.

READ MORE: http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog/2012/03/27/hines-hines-ward-visits-uga-football-practice-considering-coaching-career/?cxntfid=blogs_uga_sports_blog

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Ward visits UGA football practice, considering coaching career Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ward visits UGA football practice, considering coaching career   Ward visits UGA football practice, considering coaching career EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 8:19 am

Best of luck Ward, in whatever you choose to do.

You were a hell of a WR, you did things that couldn't always be taught. I just hope you learn how to teach them.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ward visits UGA football practice, considering coaching career 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down

Ward visits UGA football practice, considering coaching career
Page 1 of 1