Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRice hopes to be at Ravens' offseason program despite contract Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Rice hopes to be at Ravens' offseason program despite contract

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Rice hopes to be at Ravens' offseason program despite contract Empty
PostSubject: Rice hopes to be at Ravens' offseason program despite contract   Rice hopes to be at Ravens' offseason program despite contract EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 6:01 pm

By Albert Breer NFL Network
NFL Network Reporter
Published: April 3, 2012 at 02:31 p.m. Updated: April 3, 2012 at 04:59 p.m.

NEW YORK -- The Baltimore Ravens' offseason program kicks off April 16, and Ray Rice wants to be there as if it were any other year.

But it's not any other year -- Rice has received a franchise tag worth about $7.7 million, and he hasn't signed it yet. At an event unveiling Nike's new uniforms for NFL teams Tuesday, Rice said he hopes to report in Owings Mills, Md., on time with his teammates, though he wouldn't commit to doing so.

"Me and my agent (Todd France) have been going over things," Rice told NFL Network. "We're going to figure out what's best going forward. Whatever decision we make, you got to protect yourself out there. I look forward to being there. As far as we know, we look forward to being there, maybe under some terms, whether I sign the tag or not. But I want to be there. I like to be around my guys."

The financial landscape at running back has been in flux this offseason, with Seattle's Marshawn Lynch and Houston's Arian Foster receiving big money.

(Read More:) http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8280e21e/article/rice-hopes-to-be-at-ravens-offseason-program-despite-contract?module=HP11_headline_stack

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Greedy-ass Ratbirds. Rice hopes to be at Ravens' offseason program despite contract 1797695198

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1