Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBurress hopes offseason work pays off Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Burress hopes offseason work pays off

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Burress hopes offseason work pays off Empty
PostSubject: Burress hopes offseason work pays off   Burress hopes offseason work pays off EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 2:19 am

Teresa Varley
Steelers.com

When Plaxico Burress signed with the Steelers last November, one of his biggest adjustments was getting into “football shape.” He hadn’t been with a team all season, not even in training camp, so while he might have been in good physical shape from working out on his own, he definitely wasn’t where he needed to be football-wise.

This year has been a lot different. Burress had the entire offseason to prepare, beginning when the Steelers’ offseason program got underway and continuing until today with the start of the team’s three-day minicamp.

Burress first joined teammates for voluntary workouts early on, hitting the weight room and taking part in on-field conditioning drills.

“For me to have been able to get here early with the rest of the guys, get my feet under me and get back into football shape was critical so I can go out and play at the highest level this season,” said Burress. “I think you need 8-10 weeks to get into football shape. I came in so late last year, near the end of the season, and I was just getting into football shape when things ended. To have been here with the guys at the beginning and get into football shape was critical to me."

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Burress-hopes-offseason-work-pays-off/d9eab3a3-5da0-488b-94f2-e0ea88906708

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Burress hopes offseason work pays off Empty
PostSubject: Re: Burress hopes offseason work pays off   Burress hopes offseason work pays off EmptyTue Jun 11, 2013 9:40 am

It'll be nice to see if he can help this younger group of WRs to mature.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Burress hopes offseason work pays off 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down

Burress hopes offseason work pays off
Page 1 of 1