Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRavens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
JonM229

JonM229

Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal Empty
PostSubject: Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal   Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 11:46 am

Just saw this on the Ravens' Facebook feed, no further information or links yet. This makes me happy.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal   Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Ravens safety Ed Reed is planning to play football in 2012 according to Sarah Ellison of baltimoreravens.com but his plans could change if he does not get a new contract.

“I got some unfinished business,” Reed said yesterday on 105.7 The Fan’s Glenn Younes Show. “I got a lot on my mind I’ve been thinking about. The truth of the matter is, it’s about respect. It’s about getting respect and it’s a business." Reed confirmed that he tried to renegotiate his contract with the Ravens last year, but “took the back seat” in those negotiations when they didn’t go down the way he expected. “My plan when I went to negotiate was always, it’s always to help the team. I was not trying to break the bank. Do I deserve a good substantial amount? I mean you look at Peyton [Manning, Broncos quarterback]. Peyton got five [years] for $96 [million]? I know I’m not a quarterback, but at the end of the day …“They pay certain positions certain ways. I’m different, man.”

The 33-year-old Reed seems destined for the Hall-of-Fame and will likely go down in history as one of the best safeties ever to play the game. Entering the final year of his reported six-year, $44.4 million contract, Reed is scheduled to make $7.2 million next season. Reed has dealt with injuries in recent years that include a nerve impingement in his neck and shoulder and he had reconstructive hip surgery during the 2010 offseason.

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/25364/Ed-Reed-wants-contract-renegotiated-to-play-in-2012/Default.aspx

looks like a hold out in the cards for Mr. Reed.

but who want to pay big money to a washed up safety?

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal   Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:41 pm

Reed is a definite HOF lock and an excellent safety, but I agree. Nobody is going to break the bank for a guy who has flirted with retirement the last 3 seasons, has had a production drop-off this past season, and is starting to get banged up badly. Reed is fooling himself if he thinks the Ravens will pay top dollar for him and they'd be foolish to do so. I'm sure some team would be dumb enough to throw a ton of cash at him, but I doubt the Ravens are that team.

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal   Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:56 pm

They should sign him to a long, back-loaded contract.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal   Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:34 am

JonM229 wrote:
Just saw this on the Ravens' Facebook feed, no further information or links yet. This makes me happy.

I just posted what Reed said about this. I bet it won't make you happy.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal   Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal EmptySun Apr 08, 2012 8:36 am

And as usual I didn't read what others said before I started a new thread but I do smell trouble for the Ravens here.
Back to top Go down
jjmjmay

PostSubject: Re: Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal   Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 11:42 am

Reed was a great player but since he came back off injury a couple seasons back against the Bills I feel he has given up as many if not more big plays than he has made. Still he makes it exciting.

Signing Webb and locking him up early is the right thing for the Ravens. He's on his way to being a lock down corner and we all know what they cost on the open market. That being said the Raven's still have Flaco and Rice to deal with. IMO its easier to replace running backs than QB's. The problem with Flaco is that it seems he is looking for a top dollar amount and while I think he is a top 10 QB he isn't close to #1 as he thinks. After the real top guys (Brady, E.Man, Rogers, Rothlesberger, Breese) there is a pretty good step down IMO. How many active QB's have more than one SB win? E.MAn, Rothlesberger and Brady is all I can think of. The Ravens are better off than most teams at QB but they can't sell the Franchise on Flaco just yet, they need to get him at a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal   Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal Empty

Back to top Go down

Ravens, Lardarius Webb Agree to 6-Year Deal
Page 1 of 1