Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall

Go down 
+4
solardave
Wallace108
Bays
fer69
8 posters
AuthorMessage
fer69

fer69

Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall Empty
PostSubject: Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall   Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:07 pm

Thursday, April 12th, 2012 at 1:00 pm by Dave Bryan

We reported a while back that a source had informed us that Pittsburgh Steelers tight end Weslye Saunders tested positive for the banned substance Adderall and that was the reason he was suspended for the first four games of 2012 season. Saunders has now confirmed that report himself via Twitter as he posted in response to a follower of his asking why he didn't know it the drug was illegal. Saunders response was, "lolll ---cuz my 11 yr old brother takes it. Had no clue"

RT @pjrassega @Wes_Saunders88 How didn't you know Adderall was illegal? lolll ---cuz my 11 yr old brother takes it. Had no clue

— Weslye Saunders (@Wes_Saunders88) April 12, 2012

According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, Adderall is a combination of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine is used as part of a treatment program to control symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD; more difficulty focusing, controlling actions, and remaining still or quiet than other people who are the same age) in adults and children. Dextroamphetamine and amphetamine tablets are also used to treat narcolepsy (a sleep disorder that causes excessive daytime sleepiness and sudden attacks of sleep). The combination of dextroamphetamine and amphetamine is in a class of medications called central nervous system stimulants. It works by changing the amounts of certain natural substances in the brain.

Quite a few people have been known to use Adderall to keep them awake on long drives and as a way to lose weight as well. Possession of the drug requires a prescription, which one could speculate that Saunders' younger brother indeed has. It is unknown why Saunders was taking the drug, but it does not matter at this point. He would have needed to have it cleared with the league prior to taking it drug. While it was likely an honest mistake, it is one that can't be reversed and thus Saunders must now sit out the first four games of the 2012 season, assuming he makes the roster.

(read more)http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/04/steelers-te-weslye-saunders-admits-he-took-adderall/

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall   Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 9:18 pm

Not really and explanation as why, rather how he took the drug. I didn't even know what it was he took, so it's a good story for me. Thanks for posting.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall   Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:40 am

I don't know anything about that drug, but based on that description, I don't see what the big deal is. Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall 2829330259
It's not like he was taking steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs. I get the fact that it's an illegal substance under NFL rules and he got busted for it, so he deserves his punishment. But I hope the Steelers don't send him packing over this.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall   Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 1:43 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I don't know anything about that drug, but based on that description, I don't see what the big deal is. Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall 2829330259
It's not like he was taking steroids or other performance-enhancing drugs. I get the fact that it's an illegal substance under NFL rules and he got busted for it, so he deserves his punishment. But I hope the Steelers don't send him packing over this.

It's basically Ritalin. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medication, aka, "Zombie pills". Parents give them to their kids and turn them into zombies so their not hyperactive. In other words, so they can't have a child-hood.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall   Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:01 am

bayz101 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

It's basically Ritalin. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medication, aka, "Zombie pills". Parents give them to their kids and turn them into zombies so their not hyperactive. In other words, so they can't have a child-hood.

It's the modern day parenting style. you know shut that kid up! Or children should be seen and not heard.
I wonder why he'd take it except to get high (or he thinks he has ADHD) and you would in that case he'd see a doctor.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall   Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 9:04 pm

solardave wrote:
It's the modern day parenting style. you know shut that kid up! Or children should be seen and not heard.
I wonder why he'd take it except to get high (or he thinks he has ADHD) and you would in that case he'd see a doctor.

My guess is he took it to either keep the chunk off his belly or stay awake (for whatever reason). He's a big guy and has the look of someone that can balloon up, so I'm guessing he tried it to lose weight ... total guess.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall   Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 7:42 am

kirklandrules wrote:
solardave wrote:

My guess is he took it to either keep the chunk off his belly or stay awake (for whatever reason). He's a big guy and has the look of someone that can balloon up, so I'm guessing he tried it to lose weight ... total guess.

I didn't consider that and it does make more sense, but it's still stupid when you can hire a trainer or just spend extra time in the gym.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall   Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:16 am

It's basically No Doz. They treat ADHD by giving the child a stimulant. For those without ADHD, the drug has much longer effects. He probably took it to say up all night to play Xbox with the 11 year old Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall 1797695198

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall   Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Quote :
It's basically Ritalin. Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder medication, aka, "Zombie pills". Parents give them to their kids and turn them into zombies so their not hyperactive. In other words, so they can't have a child-hood

It's a drug to help with focus. A lot of college kids take it on campus. Take one and you have no trouble reading an entire chemistry book. It's also used to treat narcolepsy.

It's no big deal, really.

Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall We_bel10
Back to top Go down
BornaSteelersfan
Xtreme Newb
BornaSteelersfan

PostSubject: Re: Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall   Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 4:46 am

The drug he was taking is an amphetamine and it IS a big deal. Basically it is speed. I used to have some "Black Beauties" in my teenage days that would allow me to stay up all night after going to college full time and working full time. It gives people an unfair advantage. If it allows you to watch hours on end of game film, then it is unfair. I think he deserves the suspension because of it.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall   Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:55 am

BornaSteelersfan wrote:
The drug he was taking is an amphetamine and it IS a big deal. Basically it is speed. I used to have some "Black Beauties" in my teenage days that would allow me to stay up all night after going to college full time and working full time. It gives people an unfair advantage. If it allows you to watch hours on end of game film, then it is unfair. I think he deserves the suspension because of it.
I'm not sure I agree that it's a big deal. When the story first broke, I naturally assumed he was using steroids or some other performance-enhancing drug. I was relieved to find out this is all it was. If the competitive advantage of taking that drug is that it allows him to watch game film hours on end, shouldn't coffee be a banned substance? Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall 2087824411

But regardless of whether it should or shouldn't be a banned substance, it is a banned substance, and he therefore deserves the suspension.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall   Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers TE Weslye Saunders Admits He Took Adderall
Page 1 of 1