Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRoethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft Empty
PostSubject: Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft   Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft EmptyWed May 28, 2014 1:27 am

Quote :
Posted by Mike Florio

When the Steelers didn’t use the 15th overall pick in the draft on a receiver, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger wasn’t happy.

“I got caught up in doing what I always say not to do, and that’s listen to the media,” Roethlisberger said Tuesday, via Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “[The Steelers] obviously have their agenda, the things they want, and they got two guys that they felt can help this team.”

Roethlisberger was referring to third-round running back Dri Archer and fourth-round receiver Martavis Bryant. The fact that the team’s quarterback admits to initially being miffed about the decision to use the 15th overall pick not on receivers like Brandin Cooks or Kelvin Benjamin but on linebacker Ryan Shazier doesn’t show much faith in Bryant or 2013 third-rounder Markus Wheaton.

Of course, it’s not the first time Roethlisberger has said something that could rile up his receivers. In early 2008, Roethlisberger lobbied for a tall receiver. Not-so-tall receiver Hines Ward didn’t like that very much.

“I don’t hear Tom Brady or Peyton Manning asking for that,” Ward said at the time. “I don’t know, whatever he says. I have no idea. To me, it’s a rare combination of receivers out there who are good and tall. We won a Super Bowl, we didn’t have a tall receiver then. I don’t see Tom Brady caring about who’s tall or not.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/27/roethlisberger-admits-he-initially-was-upset-by-steelers-draft/

Come on, Ben.  Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft 1505004552 

I don't think there's any chance his comments would cause a dispute like the one between him and Ward, but still ... some things are better left unsaid.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft   Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft EmptyWed May 28, 2014 9:06 am

Every freakin' year Roethlisberger puts that out there at draft time. "I want a tall receiver!"  Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft 2164293255 Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft 2164293255 Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft 2164293255 

Get over it dude, put the overall objective ahead of your desire to be some passing leader in the NFL. Put the team ahead of what you think you need. This team was winning SBs before you were a sparkle in your daddy's eye.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft   Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft EmptyWed May 28, 2014 9:46 am

Sometimes I wonder if all of those concussions haven't affected his thought/speech pathway  Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft 1505004552 

I remember the comment he made about Hines and it ticked me off to no end.  He couldn't ask for a better receiver than Hines, and he would be blessed to get one half as good.  It was also Hines that walked out with him at training camp after his brush with the law, and Hines that instrumental in winning our fifth Lombardi.  Obviously, this comment STILL ticks me off to this day -- (thanks Wally for getting me riled up  Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft 1797695198 )

Well, he has his tall receiver now, and all I can say is he needs to quit being selfish and trust that the Rooney's know how to build a team.

Doesn't Ben realize that it was our defense that got us to super bowl 43?

Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft   Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft EmptyWed May 28, 2014 10:49 am

Want a tall receiver? Throw it to Heath.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft   Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft EmptyWed May 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
(thanks Wally for getting me riled up  Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft 1797695198 )

Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft MissionAccomplishedBanner1

That's what I'm here for. Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft   Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 2:58 pm

It didn't come across that well when I first read it either. But I'm thinking Ben was being honest. He was probably excited to have a Kelvin Benjamin or another top flight receiver on the team this season. I'm not going to hold it against him that he felt disappointed that an opportunity to have a very explosive offense slipped through his fingers. But he acknowledged that there is a bigger picture and after his initial disappointment wore off, he understands the decision made.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft   Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 3:01 pm

but he's got to realize that have an explosive offense doesn't mean shite if you don't have the defense to stop the other team.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft   Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft EmptyThu Jun 05, 2014 3:25 pm

Defense wins championships!! We won with Hines and how tall is he? 5'11"? I understand his frustration but sometimes you have to think before you speak.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft   Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft Empty

Back to top Go down

Roethlisberger admits he initially was upset by Steelers draft
Page 1 of 1