Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCall of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub) Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub)   Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:10 am

This is one for all the video game fans out there. It is my opinion that the Call of Duty/Modern Warfare series is the best "shooter" game available. Why do I believe this? I never thought you'd ask.

Let's start with the realistic feel to it. The guns are real, the settings are real, and the movements are real. Characters aren't jumping 30 feet in the air or shooting plasma out of a gun.

Also, getting hit with the butt of a gun would kill you? I don't think so. A knife... now we're talking.

Halo had it's time an place, but there is a new sheriff in town. Although, I'm not going to sleep on Battlefield 3 which is coming out this fall.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub)   Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:28 am

I've only played COD a few times. My son kept begging me to play but then wouldn't let me play anymore because I kept shooting him. Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub) 2087824411 I told him to stop blocking my bullets. Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub) 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub)   Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 12:54 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
This is one for all the video game fans out there. It is my opinion that the Call of Duty/Modern Warfare series is the best "shooter" game available. Why do I believe this? I never thought you'd ask.

Let's start with the realistic feel to it. The guns are real, the settings are real, and the movements are real. Characters aren't jumping 30 feet in the air or shooting plasma out of a gun.

Also, getting hit with the butt of a gun would kill you? I don't think so. A knife... now we're talking.

Halo had it's time an place, but there is a new sheriff in town. Although, I'm not going to sleep on Battlefield 3 which is coming out this fall.

I played Call of Duty 4 quite a bit when it came out, but their annual release trend over the past few years has really turned me off. There are just soooooo many first person shooters out there that I feel that just playing Call of Duty is really doing yourself a disservice. I'm not saying that's all you play, but I know so many people who do. Currently I'm in the middle of Fallout New Vegas, really enjoying it. Oh, and I don't have an Xbox, so I can't comment on Halo.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub)   Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 3:58 pm

I still say "Goldeneye" for Nintendo 64 is the best shooter of all time. That's the one that really set the standard. Of course, I'm old as dirt and haven't gotten a Playstation 3 OR X-Box 360 yet. Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub) 1797695198

Back to top Go down
mcg24

mcg24

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub)   Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I still say "Goldeneye" for Nintendo 64 is the best shooter of all time. That's the one that really set the standard. Of course, I'm old as dirt and haven't gotten a Playstation 3 OR X-Box 360 yet. Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub) 1797695198

You're right, putting technological advancements aside that was my favorite shooter of all time.

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub)   Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub) Empty

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty vs. Halo (by BGSU A Dub)
Page 1 of 1