Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeClemons stays grounded  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Clemons stays grounded

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Clemons stays grounded  Empty
PostSubject: Clemons stays grounded    Clemons stays grounded  EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:35 am

Clemons stays grounded  143822020_crop_340x234

By Bill Beckner Jr.
Valley News Dispatch

It’s been one month since Toney Clemons joined the Steelers’ congregation, a local kid with big dreams primed to make the most of an opportunity with his hometown team.

On April 28, he was introduced to Steeler Nation, a promising young receiver with a wide smile, thoughtful personality and suddenly, one foot in the NFL door.

In a matter of hours that day, he gained more than 1,000 Twitter followers, his cell phone flooded with texts and calls, his popularity spiked.

In the weeks that followed, Clemons signed a contract, attended rookie camp and organized team activities and learned he’ll wear No. 11 if he makes the team.

One would think the whirlwind was life-changing for the Valley graduate.

“Not at all,” Clemons said. “I still shop at Family Dollar, go to $5 movies on Tuesdays and use my Sheetz gas card. I went into Finish Line at the (Pittsburgh) Mills the other day and someone asked me why I was shopping at the mall and not at my mansion. My mansion? It’s crazy. It doesn’t work like that. When you grow up a certain way, you don’t change. You don’t forget where you came from.

“I am too down to earth to hang out on Cloud 9.”

READ MORE: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1858555-85/clemons-toney-camp-rookie-steelers-team-mckillop-pick-round-valley?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Steelers just have a knack for finding these kind of guys with both talent and good character. Clemons fits the Steelers mold, and I have a gut feeling he might make Wallace expendable.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Clemons stays grounded    Clemons stays grounded  EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:05 am

I like this kid. He could be for us all that we hoped Sweed was going to be. And if so I agree with you Wally that it very well could send Wallace packing.

This is the best I've felt about this team in awhile as far as having some young (head on straight) talent. I am fired up about this season.

I really think this draft our braintrust did an outstanding job of re-loading. Clemons stays grounded  1647293567 Clemons stays grounded  1647293567
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Clemons stays grounded    Clemons stays grounded  EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:07 am

solardave wrote:
I like this kid. He could be for us all that we hoped Sweed was going to be. And if so I agree with you Wally that it very well could send Wallace packing.

This is the best I've felt about this team in awhile as far as having some young (head on straight) talent. I am fired up about this season.

I really think this draft our braintrust did an outstanding job of re-loading. Clemons stays grounded  1647293567 Clemons stays grounded  1647293567
I'm trying not to get too excited about this draft because you never know how they're going to work out until they actually play. But man, it's hard not to get excited.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Clemons stays grounded    Clemons stays grounded  EmptySun May 27, 2012 11:16 am

remember spread offenses in college football are making WRs a dime a dozen.

why do you think the Steelers got Wallace in the later rounds?

think about it?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Clemons stays grounded    Clemons stays grounded  EmptySun May 27, 2012 1:30 pm

effyou515 wrote:

remember spread offenses in college football are making WRs a dime a dozen.

why do you think the Steelers got Wallace in the later rounds?

think about it?
I'm not sure I agree. There are quite a few teams like the Browns who can't seem to get a quality receiver. I think Colbert just has a knack for finding receivers. He did the same thing in Detroit.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Clemons stays grounded    Clemons stays grounded  EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:53 pm

HEY MIKE WALLACE -- TAKES NOTES -- LEARN SOMETHING FROM THIS DUDE!

I like this kid. He is what a typical Pittsburgher truly is (yeah, even though I reside in La La land, I'm a born and raised Burger)

I hope he makes the team. We need more guys like him.

Clemons stays grounded  We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clemons stays grounded    Clemons stays grounded  Empty

Back to top Go down

Clemons stays grounded
Page 1 of 1