Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTaylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status

Go down 
+4
effyou515
Buddha Bus
Gingerchip
Wallace108
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status Empty
PostSubject: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 12:33 am

By Mark Kaboly
Tribune-Review

Steelers receiver Mike Wallace hasn’t spoken publicly about his contract situation in the past four months.

The same can’t be said about cornerback Ike Taylor after spending the Memorial Day weekend in Las Vegas with his teammate.

Taylor said during his weekly show on TribLive Radio today that Wallace is frustrated with contract negotiations and he wants to be at offseason practices but also wants what he believes he is due.

“There is a lot of frustration with Mike right now,” Taylor said. “He wants to be here. ... But at the same time he wants his paper.

“Mike feels like he outperformed his last contract. But he’s dealing with a monster, and that’s the Pittsburgh Steelers … they are not going to let you dictate to them on how you feel.”

“Mike is going to be a Pittsburgh Steeler for years to come,” Taylor said. “(But I told him), at the end of the day: Football doesn’t need you; you need football.”

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1879654-85/wallace-taylor-wants-mike-contract-million-steelers-agent-football-free

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 1:31 am

I listened to the interview with Ike -- According to Ike, Mike said he has more yards than Jerry Rice and Randy Moss in their first three years" Ike replied that it was a stat that he didn't know.

I'm sick to death of this punk, to be honest. Yeah, he is good. Yeah, I'd like to see him stay with the Steelers, but honestly, he is proving to be a distraction and an ego-infested ass. That's my opinion and I"m sticking to it!

Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 4:17 am

Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status Spiderman-and-wolverine-spiderman-demotivational-posters-1320448022

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:39 am

hopping Rainey speed can replace Wallace's speed for the deep ball. Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 6:42 am

Gingerchip wrote:
I listened to the interview with Ike -- According to Ike, Mike said he has more yards than Jerry Rice and Randy Moss in their first three years" Ike replied that it was a stat that he didn't know.

I'm sick to death of this punk, to be honest. Yeah, he is good. Yeah, I'd like to see him stay with the Steelers, but honestly, he is proving to be a distraction and an ego-infested ass. That's my opinion and I"m sticking to it!

He is beginning to remind me of Holmes and I was glad to see him go. fistbump from me too Ginger.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 8:02 am

It's about consistency. Rice, Ward, and even Moss, hell even TO (early in his career), were consistent. Sorry Mike but you tailed off at the end of the season, and that has hurt your chances of getting Fitzy money.

Come back to camp, get your head on straight and prove you are worth Fitzy money. Otherwise hold out and hurt your chances even more. But if you hold out, I guarentee you that there will be more Steelers fans like Ginger that'll be calling you out.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 5:15 pm

I think I found out how Ginger (not Truck Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 1797695198 ) is coping with Hines being let go. She's using Wallace (not Wally Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 1797695198 ) as a punching bag to vent her frustrations. Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 3798349058

I agree. Shut up Wallace, and get on the field where you can prove you're worth what your rapidly enlarging head is thinking.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I agree. Shut up Wallace, and get on the field where you can prove you're worth what your rapidly enlarging head is thinking.

You really don't agree. You just wanted to say "shut up Wallace." Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 3798349058

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't think all the hate toward Wallace is warranted. Ward held out, and we certainly don't hate him. And everything being said is coming from other people, not Wallace. To the best of my knowledge, he's handled the situation as professionally as could be expected.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
BornaSteelersfan
Xtreme Newb
BornaSteelersfan

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm going to go on record to stick up for Wallace here. He has had an excellent career so far for The Steelers. He has worked hard and gotten consistently better while getting us to the Super Bowl and the playoffs. If you look at other players all over the league with his kind of stats, most of them make far more than him. I think his agent is the one throwing out things like "Fitzgerald money"; may even be out of context. He is sitting out a little so as not to get hurt and make a statement to The Steelers that says, "show me the money!" He showed up to meet with Mike Tomlin and get Haley's playbook. That speaks volumes for where he wants to be. Give the guy a break and let this thing play out. Stop with all the "knee-jerk" comments, please.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:39 pm

While Wallace has been good, he hasn't been spectacular. Him tapering off the 2nd half of the year shows that 1. he's not able to adjust his game or 2. he's not working hard enough.

Greatness isn't given, it's achieved and I'm not sure if he's willing to put in the work or have the mindset to be great.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:40 pm

BornaSteelersfan wrote:
I'm going to go on record to stick up for Wallace here. He has had an excellent career so far for The Steelers. He has worked hard and gotten consistently better while getting us to the Super Bowl and the playoffs. If you look at other players all over the league with his kind of stats, most of them make far more than him. I think his agent is the one throwing out things like "Fitzgerald money"; may even be out of context. He is sitting out a little so as not to get hurt and make a statement to The Steelers that says, "show me the money!" He showed up to meet with Mike Tomlin and get Haley's playbook. That speaks volumes for where he wants to be. Give the guy a break and let this thing play out. Stop with all the "knee-jerk" comments, please.
Yeah, I tend to agree with you on this BaSF. I think the emergence of Brown has made everyone OK with tossing Wallace to the curb. But I'm not sure Brown is as productive without Wallace on the opposite side. As I said in my last post, I think Wallace has handled this holdout about as well as a holdout can be handled. Contract negotiations are like a game, and both sides are playing the game. I'd feel much differently if Wallace was running his mouth to the media and acting like T.O. or Ochostinko. But that's not the case.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:43 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
While Wallace has been good, he hasn't been spectacular. Him tapering off the 2nd half of the year shows that 1. he's not able to adjust his game or 2. he's not working hard enough.

Greatness isn't given, it's achieved and I'm not sure if he's willing to put in the work or have the mindset to be great.
I've said the same thing, but I've seen others question how much of his second-half "collapse" was due to Ben's injuries. It's hard to say for sure without going back and watching the games, but I think it's possible that Ben's injuries played a factor. The timing between the two was definitely off late in the year, and we know that Ben's foot injury was affecting his throwing, especially on deep passes.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:45 pm

I just had a thought. Other teams have adjusted to guarding Wallace, but did our OC adjust the offense to run different plays/give different looks to Wallace? Maybe that could have something to do with it.... Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 1890901109

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:49 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I just had a thought. Other teams have adjusted to guarding Wallace, but did our OC adjust the offense to run different plays/give different looks to Wallace? Maybe that could have something to do with it.... Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 1890901109
Wait, you're criticizing Arians and now I'm about to defend him. This is like bizarro day. Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 1797695198

I don't think Arians' play calling had much to do with it. It was working like a charm in the first half of the season, and we know Arians didn't go away from it. So I think we have to look at either Wallace or Ben's injury as the primary factors for the dop off.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:52 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

Wait, you're criticizing Arians and now I'm about to defend him. This is like bizarro day. Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 1797695198

I don't think Arians' play calling had much to do with it. It was working like a charm in the first half of the season, and we know Arians didn't go away from it. So I think we have to look at either Wallace or Ben's injury as the primary factors for the dop off.

That's what I'm saying. It worked in the first half of the season because it was new and teams didn't have film yet. 2nd half, teams started to get film of the same offense that we ran every week. Because we didn't change our game plans, teams knew what to expect Wallace to do and had a plan to stop him.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 10:58 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

That's what I'm saying. It worked in the first half of the season because it was new and teams didn't have film yet. 2nd half, teams started to get film of the same offense that we ran every week. Because we didn't change our game plans, teams knew what to expect Wallace to do and had a plan to stop him.
That's possible I guess. So we can count Arians and Ben's injury as possible factors in Wallace's drop off in production. Or it really could all fall on Wallace. If I had to take a guess, I'd say it could be a combination of all three. I'm just not sure I want to pin it all on Wallace and toss him to the curb.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:03 pm

I think this year will be the one that determines if he will be a Steeler for many years to come.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:11 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I think this year will be the one that determines if he will be a Steeler for many years to come.
For that to be the case, I think they need to lock him up long term now. If he signs the tender, he's as good as gone next year. The Steelers don't negotiate during the year, and once he becomes an unrestricted free agent, there's no way we re-sign him, unless he really really really wants to stay in Pittsburgh.

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
For that to be the case, I think they need to lock him up long term now. If he signs the tender, he's as good as gone next year.

From what I have read from him, he likes Sanders and Brown, he likes Pittsburgh, and how could he not like playing for a winner? Plus he has a tough, big armed QB. He has everything he needs to be successful in Pittsburgh.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:15 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
For that to be the case, I think they need to lock him up long term now. If he signs the tender, he's as good as gone next year.

From what I have read from him, he likes Sanders and Brown, he likes Pittsburgh, and how could he not like playing for a winner? Plus he has a tough, big armed QB. He has everything he needs to be successful in Pittsburgh.
Everything except Fitzgerald money. Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 2981382511

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:18 pm

He will earn that, once he starts to be more successful. The Steeler way is that you reap what you sow.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:21 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
The Steeler way is that you reap what you sow.
The Raven way is that you weep because you blow. Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 1797695198

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:29 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
The Raven way is that you weep because you blow. Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 1797695198

Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 1664291743 Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 1549491426

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:30 am

Quote :
Ward held out, and we certainly don't hate him

By the time Ward held out, he had established his worth to the team, and all it took was Dan Rooney telling him that he was wanted as a Steeler, and that somehow they would come to an agreement. Hines then showed up for camp. I don't think Wallace has established his worth -- yet. Additionally, Ward never bragged that he was going to get 1,000 prior to a season beginning, he just worked his tail off. Hell, even Ike remarked to Wallace that he needs football more than football needs him. Just what prompted Ike to make that remark to speedy-gonzalez? Sorry, I'll never be sold on the "young money" dude.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:47 am

Quote :
I think I found out how Ginger (not Truck ) is coping with Hines being let go. She's using Wallace (not Wally ) as a punching bag to vent her frustrations

DAMN RIGHT!!!! Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status 1945926454

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status   Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status Empty

Back to top Go down

Taylor: Wallace frustrated with contract status
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next