Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle Empty
PostSubject: Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle   Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 4:43 am

By Mark Kaboly
Tribune-Review

Published: Friday, June 8, 2012, 12:30 a.m.
Updated 4 hours ago

Ziggy Hood spent the early part of this offseason watching every one of the 833 snaps he played last season.

For the most part, he didn’t like what he saw.

Hood, the Steelers’ 2009 first-round pick, realized he was slow off the ball, and it was too easy to knock him off his feet.

Considering Hood said he was “feeling sluggish” and not “in tip-top shape” during the season, he knew it was time for a change.

“What better way to help my speed and help my agility but to lose body fat?” Hood said. “I play better when I feel good. When I don’t feel good, I don’t do as well as I want, and I didn’t feel good all the time last year.”

Hood called on the help of Bill Nichol, founder of Outer Limit Athletic Performance in Valencia.

With the recent birth of his second son, Hood wasn’t able to travel to his typical offseason workout venue in Atlanta. Hood needed a closer alternative and recalled a pamphlet he came for Outer Limit.

“They wore me out,” said Hood, a self-proclaimed workout warrior. “And I loved it.”

Hood saw immediate results and drastically changed his body composition.

(Read More:) http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1920580-85/hood-feel-defensive-fat-steelers-pounds-307-6-4-body-muscle?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle   Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:36 am

Release the Beast!!! Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle 1647293567
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle   Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 5:40 pm

Does that mean when he gets a sack, we can say the QB was 'Hood-winked'?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle   Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 6:04 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

I like that. We need to practice our MUUUUUUUU also.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle   Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 7:34 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

How about "Ziggy just made the QB into a Hood ornament!"? Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle   Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Steelers’ Ziggy Hood shapes up, posts feats of strength on YouTube
Posted by Michael David Smith on June 10, 2012, 6:55 PM EDT

Steelers defensive lineman Ziggy Hood says he’s gained two pounds this offseason, from 305 to 307. But through intense workouts, Hood says he has radically transformed himself from a fat 300-pounder to a muscular 300-pounder.

According to Hood, his offseason workouts and an improved diet led to him losing 18 pounds of fat and gaining 20 pounds of muscle, and he’s going to be a much different player on the field as a result.

“What better way to help my speed and help my agility but to lose body fat?” Hood told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “I play better when I feel good. When I don’t feel good, I don’t do as well as I want, and I didn’t feel good all the time last year.”

(Read More:) http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/10/steelers-ziggy-hood-shapes-up-posts-feats-of-strength-on-youtube/

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle   Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle EmptyMon Jun 11, 2012 2:32 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

How about "Ziggy just made the QB into a Hood ornament!"? Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle 1797695198

"welcome to ziggy's hood"

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle   Steelers’ Hood goes to extremes to add muscle Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1