Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeZiggy Hood signs with Jaguars Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars

Go down 
+11
Fire Arians
DesertSteel
pczach
Lokki
Hawaii 5-0
Drizztbob
SteelersYak
Gingerchip
solardave
stlrtruck
Wallace108
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars Empty
PostSubject: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:53 am

JACKSONVILLE – The Jaguars’ busy week continues.

And on Thursday, it continued with the team again adding depth to the defensive line.

Ziggy Hood, a defensive tackle who previously played with the Pittsburgh Steelers, agreed to terms to sign as an unrestricted free agent with the Jaguars on Thursday, continuing a week of major roster moves for the franchise.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Jaguars-agree-to-terms-with-DT-Ziggy-Hood/dc947ec3-9101-4d43-9cd9-893a4ea8aac0

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 12:17 pm

WOW! I can't believe the steelers let him go. He was making some great progress and proved valuable to the defense the last two years.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 5:56 pm

I'm shocked. I thought all this contract restructuring was to keep him for one. The guy was starting to catch fire. As Lombardi said: "what the hell is goin' on here?"
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 2:27 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
WOW!  I can't believe the steelers let him go.  He was making some great progress and proved valuable to the defense the last two years.

solardave wrote:
I'm shocked. I thought all this contract restructuring was to keep him  for one. The guy was starting to catch fire. As Lombardi said: "what the hell is goin' on here?"

I had a much different view of him than you guys did. What I saw was an average defensive lineman who played more like a fourth-round pick than a first-round pick. We can bring in someone cheaper and get just as much (hopefully more) production. Compare how Ziggy played during his time as a starter with how Heyward played in the second half of last season.

I'll quote Drizz from the Woodley thread:

Drizztbob wrote:
Steelers are sending a message, perform at expected levels, or go play for the Raiders or Jags.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:08 am

What a change for Hood - Steelers to Jags.

Ye Gods

Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars We_bel10
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:43 pm

I felt like Hood was solid last year. I liked how he was improving. We are now left with an unknown.

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:38 pm

Wally, I hear ya, but I think Ziggy was showing some progression and I wish we would have stuck with him another year to see where that went. But, who knows? Maybe the FO saw a plateau and no room for growth and decided to cut ties.

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 10:02 pm

should we consider signing him? Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars 611739232

Jaguars Release Former Steeler Ziggy Hood

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/10/jaguars-release-former-steeler-ziggy-hood/
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 10:32 pm

How big has Max Starks gotten? Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars 2573146105
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 11:24 pm

The only thing I know is that Ziggy is a much better fit in the current defense where the DE's are doing more penetrating, than he was in LeBeau's system where they played exclusively 2 gap.

The defensive line isn't real deep, but he doesn't offer the flexibility of playing NT and DE like Cam Thomas.

The question then becomes...Do they need him? And if they do, who gets released to make room for him?
Back to top Go down
DesertSteel

DesertSteel

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyTue Oct 20, 2015 11:37 pm

Sounds like he's not healthy
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 12:01 am

He's on IR, if we sign him he's not going to contribute this year
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 4:19 am

If he was healthy and we could get him on the cheap I'd say take a look for depth purposes and kick Cam Thomas to the curb. But like others have said, he's apparently on IR so not worth our time.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
dave n'at
Banned
dave n'at

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 2:25 pm

I was never sure why Ziggy got such a bad rap, I always liked him and thought he was at the very least solid. I agree with pczach that he'd be a better fit in our current system where we let our DE's rush the QB. Hood made quite a few sacks as far as 3-4 DEs go and that was while LeBeau was still here.

Steel Peon

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Since he'd been with the Steelers since he was drafted, his re-signing would not have come cheap, so on to greener pastures I'm afraid......it's just business.

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 6:53 pm

Dale Lolley (@dlolleyor) tweeted at 4:53pm - 22 Oct 15:

The Bears have signed Ziggy Hood. Released former Pro Bowl DL Jeremiah Ratliff #Steelers

https://twitter.com/dlolleyor/status/657298727401619456?s=17

Ziggy signing with the Bears would seem to indicate only the dregs of the league were interested

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 7:07 pm

da bears
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 2:34 am

Atlanta Dan wrote:

The Bears have signed Ziggy Hood.

Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars 4605765
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 5:38 am

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Atlanta Dan wrote:

The Bears have signed Ziggy Hood.

Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars 4605765

Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars 2573146105
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars   Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars Empty

Back to top Go down

Ziggy Hood signs with Jaguars
Page 1 of 1