Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink Empty
PostSubject: Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink   Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 7:58 am

By Mark Kaboly
Published: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 12:26 a.m.
Updated 7 hours ago

Making the cover of Sports Illustrated is usually reserved for athletes at or near the pinnacle of their sport.

For Ben Roethlisberger, it proved to be the instance he hit rock bottom.

The cover depicting an unshaven Roethlisberger entitled, “The Hangover: Ben Roethlisberger — An NFL superstar’s repulsive behavior, the ultimate expression of athletic entitlement run amok, has forced even the most diehard fans to question their team and their football faith,” hit news stands two weeks after Roethlisberger was suspended six games by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for repeated boorish behavior.

Two sexual assault accusations in an eight-month span along with stories of a combative and entitled Roethlisberger in public were synonymous with the Steelers’ $100 million quarterback.

Fast-forward two years, and the stories about Roethlisberger are still there, but have a less abrasive context.

“I don’t think there is anything better than having your family on the field with you holding that trophy and confetti falling,” Roethlisberger said after practice Tuesday about his soon-to-be-born son.

(Read More:) http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1977462-85/roethlisberger-ben-steelers-behavior-colon-family-quarterback-2010-2012-april?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink   Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 10:10 am

i still think ben got a raw deal. Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink 2913999526

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink   Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:51 am

True redemption will come when the Steelers hoist up #7 and Ben is the MVP!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink   Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 1:01 pm

I think on the first charge he definitely got a raw deal....on the second I'm not so sure.

After the second charge, I had quit defending him (to this day when I tell someone I'm a Steeler fan, I still hear we have a rapist for a QB).

Psychology is my minor in school and I've been taught that our basic character never changes, yet I personally believe that people do change especially when they've been brought to their knees by some event.

For a while I couldn't stand the man, but I'm beginning to not only like him, but respect him as well.

He really has appeared to have been humbled and he definitely, without a doubt, is one of the best QB's in the league today.

Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink   Steelers' Roethlisberger back from the brink Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1