Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRay Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it

Go down 
+2
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it Empty
PostSubject: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:48 am

By Adam Rank

Steve Nash is going to play for the Los Angeles Lakers next season following a blockbuster deal this week. Nash’s trade to the Lakers comes months after Peyton Manning signed a deal with the Denver Broncos. But Nash’s deal is much more striking, considering nobody ever thought they’d see the day when Nash would call longtime Lakers rival Kobe Bryant a teammate.

So with that in mind, we turned to Twitter on #talkaboutit Friday and asked you to select one NFL legend and a “no way” team for him to finish with, similar to Nash and the Los Angeles Lakers.

The most-mentioned player was Ray Lewis on the Pittsburgh Steelers. Far and away. Nobody can imagine that scenario ever playing out.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/07/06/ray-lewis-as-a-steeler-nobody-could-see-it/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, of course not. Ray Lewis is 105 years old. And the Steelers never bring in big-name free agents. But if the reasoning is based on just a rivalry thing, then of course it would be possible. A year ago, no one could ever imagine Hines Ward going to the Ravens. But before he retired, that seemed like a very real possibility.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:53 am

I don't think Ward ever seriously considered playing for the Ravens. It was probably something that was floated out there to scare the Steelers into thinking they needed to re-sign him. I also don't think the Ravens would ever have signed him anyway. There would have been a full-scale riot in Baltimore if it had happened. Their fans have a seething hate for Ward that borders on clinical mob insanity. Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it 1797695198

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:14 am

10 years ago i would have loved to have stab-it-ray on our team........not so much now

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:20 am

Dammit. The title scared the shit out of me.

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:32 am

Just think how ridiculous a defense would be with the best players in their prime from each team . I think they'd break the Points Allowed record with 0.

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 10:38 am

vasteeler wrote:
10 years ago i would have loved to have stab-it-ray on our team........not so much now
Yep. And that's what is so great about sports and rivalries. We love to hate Lewis, just as Ravens fans loved to hate Hines. I've heard a lot of Steelers fans say they'd never cheer for Lewis even if he was on the Steelers, but you know damn well that if Lewis was a Steeler, most of them would be sporting his jersey. Likewise, you'd see tons of purple 86 jerseys if Ward was a Raven.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:32 am

I agree with Wally. I respect Ray not only for the passion he has for the game but the stories I have read about how he mentors younger players and reaches out to people when they are having a rough time in life.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:24 pm

I'd root for Ray Lewis if he was on my team right now about as much as I'd root for O.J. Simpson if he was on my team right now. :devilish:

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:31 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I'd root for Ray Lewis if he was on my team right now about as much as I'd root for O.J. Simpson if he was on my team right now. :devilish:

So, your saying you'd root for him? Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it 1664291743

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:35 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

So, your saying you'd root for him? Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it 1664291743

Only slightly less than I'd root for a pack of wild dogs to eat me alive. Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:35 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Only slightly less than I'd root for a pack of wild dogs to eat me alive. Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it 3798349058

I saw pack and IMMEDIATELY thought you'd mention Busch Light Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it 1664291743

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:

So you're telling me there's a chance

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:38 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:40 pm

bayz101 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Congratulations! You win!

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:41 pm

JonM229 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

NICE! I pick.....Jon in a Steelers jersey!

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:46 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Jon in a Steelers jersey!

You've just described most of Jon's subconscious wet dreams. He's a closet Steeler fan you know? Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it 3798349058

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:51 pm

bayz101 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
bayz101 wrote:
JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

NICE! I pick.....Jon in a Steelers jersey!

Sorry, the prize was a laurel and a hardy handshake

Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it Laurel

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

You've just described most of Jon's subconscious wet dreams. He's a closet Steeler fan you know? Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it 3798349058

I only like it when the Steelers do well because it means more when the Ravens beat them

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:00 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

I only like it when the Steelers do well because it means more when the Ravens beat them

So. It means more every 4-5 years? Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it 1797695198

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:01 pm

All-time series PIT: 21–14

PIT 3-0 in playoffs.

Last edited by bayz101 on Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 5:01 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

And considering how rare THAT is, it must feel extra special. Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it   Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it Empty

Back to top Go down

Ray Lewis as a Steeler? Nobody could see it
Page 1 of 1