Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace expected to report soon, according to teammates Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates

Go down 
+2
steelersfan87
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates Empty
PostSubject: Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates   Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:11 pm

By Dave Bryan

Pittsburgh Steelers restricted free agent wide receiver Mike Wallace will not be reporting today to Latrobe for the start of training camp, but optimism is growing that he will be arriving in the next several days.

Both Emmanuel Sanders and Keenan Lewis told the media today in interviews upon their arrival that they expect Wallace to arrive over the course of the next week. Lewis, a long time friend of Wallace's, who has been working out with him every day this offseason, said that Wallace is in great shape and ready to get to work. Sanders told reporters that he is expecting him to show in "3 or 4" days.

Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported on Twitter earlier in the day that he is hearing rumblings that a new long-term deal could be close with Wallace.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/07/mike-wallace-expected-to-report-soon-according-to-teammates/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot+Blog%29
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hearing this from players close to Wallace definitely lends credibility to it ... especially coming from Lewis, who has known Wallace since they were kids.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates   Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:31 pm

I wonder if they are willing to violate their own policy about negotiating with holdouts, or perhaps they don't consider Wallace a holdout since he technically does not have a signed contract.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates   Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
I wonder if they are willing to violate their own policy about negotiating with holdouts, or perhaps they don't consider Wallace a holdout since he technically does not have a signed contract.

Good point Dodens.

The other question comes, what is the meeting point and where is the snag in the deal?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates   Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:02 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
I know he can't be fined for not reporting since he's not under contract. So I guess, technically, it's not really a holdout. Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates 2087824411

Regardless, from everything I've been reading, it sounds like a deal is really close. Probably just need to cross the t's and dot the i's.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates   Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:10 pm

This makes sense:

Quote :
Steelers Depot ‏@Steelersdepot

likely signs tender first, then new deal announced. important semantics.

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates   Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 4:12 pm

I hope he gets it done this week! Then we can put all the Wallace drama behind and get on with some football.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates   Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Ed Bouchette writes that a team source says negotiations are suspended until he reports, and he can't report until he signs a deal, and since negotiations are suspended, the only thing he CAN sign is the tender. So the route he must now take is:

1. Sign Tender
2. Report to Camp
3. ???
4. Profit

(That's a South Park reference, folks)
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates   Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:47 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
Ed Bouchette writes that a team source says negotiations are suspended until he reports, and he can't report until he signs a deal, and since negotiations are suspended, the only thing he CAN sign is the tender. So the route he must now take is:

1. Sign Tender
2. Report to Camp
3. ???
4. Profit

(That's a South Park reference, folks)

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates   Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:47 pm

i guess his teammates were wrong Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates 3562723908

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates   Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates Empty

Back to top Go down

Wallace expected to report soon, according to teammates
Page 1 of 1