Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBell not expected to report Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bell not expected to report

Go down 
+14
Stella Nation
SteelerFreak58
jak341
vasteeler
stlrtruck
JPPT1974
effyou515
Wallace108
Mach1
LambertWardSteel
solardave
Shalieve5090
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Bell not expected to report Empty
PostSubject: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyMon Oct 01, 2018 11:48 pm

A report by ESPN's Jeremy Fowler states that Le'Veon Bell will report in week 7, the bye week.

Always a chance that it still won't happen (categorically, I'll believe it when I see it) but that's what's being reported.

Last edited by nine vegetable on Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 1:17 am

At this point I want him to come back not because I like the guy, or because I want him as part of our team, but simply because I'm sick of hearing about him and if it helps bring the chemistry back to this team, then so be it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 7:23 am

wouldn't mind if the Steelers let him ride the pine the rest of the year and not reward bad behavior by playing him to show him and the rest of the team no one is bigger then the team.

the way I see it Dan Rooney yes he was on the laid back side and friendly with the players and coaches and had a good team working environment but his employees know they couldn't push him around and respected him.

Art Rooney II wants to keep this working environment going but Tomlin and some of the players don't really respect him and are pushing his wants to be a fair owner mentality. this offseason Art II has to make some hard decisions to get respect and show the players and coaches that he's fair but they work for him not the other way around.

it's really Art II that is losing the team.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 12:41 pm

We need him. Sunday night was proof. He brings a whole added dimension to the offense
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 12:55 pm

TollingtheBell26 wrote:
We need him. Sunday night was proof. He brings a whole added dimension to the offense

I would rather see us go 1-14-1 then put up with his crap. If the O line gets on track blocking you will see Connor take off. He's blocking in the backfield pretty good and did you see the catch he made against Tampa? He's faster than Bell and humble.
Actually Bell adds 2 dimensions. One for us and one against us. The one against us is the larger factor IMO.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 2:13 pm

solardave wrote:
TollingtheBell26 wrote:

I would rather see us go 1-14-1 then put up with his crap. If the O line gets on track blocking you will see Connor take off. He's blocking in the backfield pretty good and did you see the catch he made against Tampa? He's faster than Bell and humble.
Actually Bell adds 2 dimensions. One for us and one against us. The one against us is the larger factor IMO.

I'm kind of feeling the same. Is this just going to bring the distraction inside the building now?

This is a little hard to believe...maybe things have changed since then but as of summer anyhow the Steelers were going to use the transition tag:

ESPN wrote:
What is Bell's plan with the transition tag, if the team applies it?

This one is fascinating in light of colleague Dan Graziano's report that the Steelers would argue a transition of $17-plus million should prorate for the games Bell misses in 2018. That sounds like one heckuva grievance over the merits of cornering a player at a discounted rate.

But Bell said two things about the transition tag: (1) The team told him during the franchise-tag negotiations that they would apply it, and (2) he would welcome it because he could negotiate with other teams or the Steelers.

With the transition tag, the Steelers could match any offer or facilitate a sign-and-trade for draft picks. And if they want to keep him, the salary is much lower than the $20-plus million due on the franchise tag. Remember, a long-term deal with lofty guarantees is the sole goal here, preferably with the Steelers.

Anything else is a sidebar.

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/28863/leveon-speaks-expectations-message-to-teammates-trade-talk

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 2:52 pm

solardave wrote:
I would rather see us go 1-14-1 then put up with his crap.

Maybe it's because we're older, I don't know. But I'm with you. Within the past 10 years, football has increasingly meant less and less to me. There was a time in my life when the Steelers lost, I didn't even want to talk to anyone the rest of the day. I allowed Steelers games to have a direct effect on my life.

Now when they lose, I turn off the TV and me and my family get on with other things. At some point I came to the realization that my life is not affected by a Steelers win nor a Steelers loss, and that there are far more important things in life.

I don't expect most fans to agree with this statement, or even understand it necessarily, but after everything that has happened, I'm more comfortable with the Steelers losing without Bell than winning with him. I guess whether it's with football or most things in life, I'm not a "by any means necessary" kind of guy.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
solardave wrote:

Maybe it's because we're older, I don't know. But I'm with you. Within the past 10 years, football has increasingly meant less and less to me. There was a time in my life when the Steelers lost, I didn't even want to talk to anyone the rest of the day. I allowed Steelers games to have a direct effect on my life.

Now when they lose, I turn off the TV and me and my family get on with other things. At some point I came to the realization that my life is not affected by a Steelers win nor a Steelers loss, and that there are far more important things in life.

I don't expect most fans to agree with this statement, or even understand it necessarily, but after everything that has happened, I'm more comfortable with the Steelers losing without Bell than winning with him. I guess whether it's with football or most things in life, I'm not a "by any means necessary" kind of guy.

This.
When they lost to dallas in the sb it took me about a year to get over that one. Since then if they lose, well that sucked. On to the next one.

As far as Bell I'll believe it when I see it. Don't really care if he ever comes back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 6:38 pm

Mach1 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
solardave wrote:

This.
When they lost to dallas in the sb it took me about a year to get over that one. Since then if they lose, well that sucked. On to the next one.

As far as Bell I'll believe it when I see it. Don't really care if he ever comes back.

I don't know about you, but I don't have time to worry about a Steelers loss when I'm busy yelling at youngsters to get off my lawn. Bell not expected to report 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 6:51 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Mach1 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
solardave wrote:

This.

I don't know about you, but I don't have time to worry about a Steelers loss when I'm busy yelling at youngsters to get off my lawn. Bell not expected to report 1797695198

and turn down that damn music. Bell not expected to report 2573146105

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 8:34 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Mach1 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
solardave wrote:

This.

I'm usually yelling at mine to pick up the dog poop and mow the lawn. Bell not expected to report 1664291743

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyTue Oct 02, 2018 10:47 pm

Well his absence is hurting the team a bit. Not all but really he is a big part there.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 4:04 am

effyou515 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Mach1 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
solardave wrote:

This.

and turn down that damn music. Bell not expected to report 2573146105

Unless it's some SRV or Pink Floyd. Bell not expected to report 1797695198
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 8:53 am

Here's my take on the situation and what I would do if I were HC:

1. The day Bell reports, I have a players and coaches meeting.
2. I allow Bell to explain himself to his teammates as to why he held out so long.
3. I allow teammates to express their anger, etc.
4. I remind the players this is a closed meeting anything and everything which was communicated here stays here. You don't mention a word of it to the media, you don't post any of it on social media, and you certainly as hell don't bring any of it up to Chris Collinsworth(less). There will be consequences for anyone who does any of this.
5. Now that everyone has said their peace, let's get back to doing what we were suppose to be doing prior to the BYE week - winning football games.
6. I explain to the players, we are family. Some times family fights, but at the end of the day, we are still family and we have the same goal. Winning the Super Bowl.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Bell not expected to report 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 10:08 am

stlrtruck wrote:

2. I allow Bell to explain himself to his teammates as to why he held out so long.
4. I remind the players this is a closed meeting anything and everything which was communicated here stays here.  You don't mention a word of it to the media, you don't post any of it on social media, and you certainly as hell don't bring any of it up to Chris Collinsworth(less).  There will be consequences for anyone who does any of this.
5. Now that everyone has said their peace, let's get back to doing what we were suppose to be doing prior to the BYE week - winning football games.
6. I explain to the players, we are family.  Some times family fights, but at the end of the day, we are still family and we have the same goal.  Winning the Super Bowl.

You are so Anti-Tomlin. Bell not expected to report 1378315869 Where do you get off being logical and using common sense? Damn it man! Bell not expected to report 1797695198
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 3:49 pm

solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

4. I remind the players this is a closed meeting anything and everything which was communicated here stays here.  You don't mention a word of it to the media, you don't post any of it on social media, and you certainly as hell don't bring any of it up to Chris Collinsworth(less).  There will be consequences for anyone who does any of this.
6. I explain to the players, we are family.  Some times family fights, but at the end of the day, we are still family and we have the same goal.  Winning the Super Bowl.

You are so Anti-Tomlin. Bell not expected to report 1378315869 Where do you get off being logical and using common sense? Damn it man! Bell not expected to report 1797695198

Bell not expected to report 1647293567

I'm not so much Anti-Tomlin as I am Pro-Steelers winning another Super Bowl.

I mean I wouldn't be upset if the Steelers hired me as Tomlin's replacement Bell not expected to report 2573146105

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 5:46 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

Sadly, I bet none of that happens

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 7:56 pm

I realistically don't care if Bell comes back or not. Bell's ship with Pittsburgh has sailed. By the time he comes back, even at week 7, the season is well on the way to being decided. Bell isn't the sole problem with this team; he didn't help the team, and he shouldn't be part of the solution.

If we tank [which it feels where we are headed], it was without Bell. If we right the ship, it was without Bell.

Let Bell sit on the bench for the remainder of the season. Let's see what being a year out of football shape does for his open market value.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 4:14 am

stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

I mean I wouldn't be upset if the Steelers hired me as Tomlin's replacement Bell not expected to report 2573146105

We all need an end game. Bell not expected to report 1647293567 I should have said Anti-Tomlin "standard". If you get it can I be your LB coach? I do a mean Porter impersonation Bell not expected to report 1505004552
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 9:12 am

Bell not expected to report 3135543967  what if Diva Bell show up week 7 and a bidding war breaks out for Bell's services? lately I've been hearing the Philadelphia Eagles name coming up, the Steelers said a player and a 2nd round draft pick. any player on the Eagles rooster you like? you think the Eagles would part with for Bell? I'm not sure, I don't follow the NFL as a whole like use too.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 2:53 pm

solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
solardave wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

We all need an end game. Bell not expected to report 1647293567  I should have said Anti-Tomlin "standard". If you get it can I be your LB coach? I do a mean Porter impersonation Bell not expected to report 1505004552

Done! Bell not expected to report 469886443

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 2:56 pm

Here's the thing I'm stuck on.

Bell mentions he is hopeful a long term deal can still be worked out between him and the Steelers. Right now the Steelers and Bell are working from the business side of it. It's not the first time a player, maybe not a Steelers player, but a player, has come back late in the season because of the tag. With that being said, if Bell comes back and gives the team his best effort, regardless of what the defense does, then I'm hopeful they can be some mutual ground where Bell gets what he needs and the Steelers get the player they need on offense.

At the same time, if they trade him, then I hope we get a decent defensive player who can cover, tackle, and lead the defense.

Getting Bell signed to a long term deal means we can stat focusing on the defense in the draft and getting those HUGE holes filled quickly vs. having to worry about both sides of the ball - once again!

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 8:08 pm

If you think the return of Bell will fix this train wreck of a team you haven’t been paying attention very well.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptyThu Oct 04, 2018 11:38 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
If you think the return of Bell will fix this train wreck of a team you haven’t been paying attention very well.

Bell not expected to report 1650858226  

Bell not expected to report 4275664633  yinz miss me

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report EmptySat Oct 06, 2018 8:07 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:

I don't think it would hurt the team either. They lost their chemistry with Bell holding out, at least on the offensive side of things Bell would definitely provide a boost.

Defensively though, I don't know if they can fix that mess. Bell might provide a morale boost, but the lack of an ability to cover with our secondary isn't going to be fixed by a running back coming back.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bell not expected to report   Bell not expected to report Empty

Back to top Go down

Bell not expected to report
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next