Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace was offered more than Brown Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace was offered more than Brown

Go down 
+4
Bays
SteelCityMom
Gingerchip
Wallace108
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Wallace was offered more than Brown Empty
PostSubject: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:50 pm

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the Wallace thread or the Brown thread, so I'll put it in its own thread. I think it's important enough to stand alone. Kaboly has been right more times than not during the Wallace drama.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Kaboly | Tribune Review

He needs to show up to camp … he needs to show good faith to the organization … he is being selfish.

With the Mike Wallace holdout reaching its third day, the court of public opinion has been heavily weighted toward the organization’s side.

And probably for good reason.

Wallace was offered a 5-year deal in the range of $50 million, but he decided that wasn’t enough.

Now, the Steelers have had enough.

With the organization going out of their comfort zone and signing Antonio Brown to a 5-year, $42 million contract on Friday two years before his contract was up, the Steelers sent a strong and potent message to Wallace – don’t mess with us when it comes to contract negotiations.

There is no way Wallace will get the money he wants now from the Steelers now since Brown signed.

Sure, they could always franchise him next year that would cost them close to $10 million for one season (something they absolutely can’t afford next year being already approximately $15-18 million over the cap), but that’s unlikely.

But before that, can the relationship be repaired at all to allow the Steelers to even consider that?

Wallace’s best option now is to not sign his tender until he has to (Nov. 13) and hope that the Steelers don’t franchise him next year so he can be an unrestricted free agent. There’s really nothing financially in it for Wallace to sign his tender and report to camp now.

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/07/27/wallace-was-offered-more-than-brown/#.UBMhlUsDKKE.twitter

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 7:55 pm

So we basically lost Wallace according to him?

AND he was offered 50 mill and said no?

Wallace was offered more than Brown We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:05 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
So we basically lost Wallace according to him?

AND he was offered 50 mill and said no?
I like Kaboly, but 3 things to keep in mind:

1. I have no idea how he knows what the Steelers were offering Wallace. They keep things close to the vest. That could just be Kaboly coming up with a ballpark figure.

2. This is just Kaboly's opinion.

3. There's no script here. No one has been able to figure out where this situation is going up to this point, so there's no reason to think anyone will know for sure where it will go next week and beyond.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:10 pm

If true...see ya Wallace. He's a great player, but Steelers don't play that prima donna shit...and he's quite replaceable.

Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:12 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
If true...see ya Wallace. He's a great player, but Steelers don't play that prima donna shit...and he's quite replaceable.

I agree with this, but i'm under the impression that a majority of this article is just speculation.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:16 pm

bayz101 wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:

I agree with this, but i'm under the impression that a majority of this article is just speculation.
It's ALL speculation, but Kaboly is no dummy.

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:16 pm

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he turned down $10 million a year, but it also wouldn't surprise me at all if he eventually signs a deal not far off from that, and it also wouldn't surprise me if 99% of fans don't understand how they could afford both. Wallace was offered more than Brown 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:20 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me at all if he turned down $10 million a year, but it also wouldn't surprise me at all if he eventually signs a deal not far off from that, and it also wouldn't surprise me if 99% of fans don't understand how they could afford both. Wallace was offered more than Brown 1797695198
I know they can still afford it, but being able to afford it and willing to give it to him are two different things. It's personal now. And I've been a Steelers fan long enough to know that NO ONE is going to win a battle of wills against them. I'm hoping he has one more opportunity.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:36 pm

Quote :
Ed Bouchette ‏@EdBouchette

“What does Browns signing new deal mean for Wallace new deal?” ... There won't be one

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:37 pm

Wallace has blown his chance with the Steelers. Take this deal with Brown as the "we are planning for our future with our #1 reciever".

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:48 pm

Whyant5 wrote:
Wallace has blown his chance with the Steelers. Take this deal with Brown as the "we are planning for our future with our #1 reciever".

I sure hope not, but that's how it seems, in a way.

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 8:53 pm

I remember reading that Brown said he was going to formulate his career after Ward.

Now you know THAT makes him one of my favorite Steelers.

Seriously, this kid has a fantastic work ethic. I'm more than overjoyed that we have him. I still wish and hope that Wallace will sign too, even though that prospect gets more dismal by the day.

Wallace was offered more than Brown We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 9:02 pm

That Ed B. quote speaks pretty loud.

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:09 pm

wallace is fast, No doubt about it but AB is a much better route runner(and he is also fast) and players like him are harder to find in the draft, And IF he was offered 40 or 50 mill and didn't want it then i don't think he deserves to be here imo
Quote :

If you watch college football, you might say route running is overrated because of all the screen and Go routes being thrown. In contrast, when it comes to the NFL, route running is the most important trait of all wide receivers.

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptyFri Jul 27, 2012 10:38 pm

This certainly puts Wallace on the outs right now. And if he waits until Nov 13 to sign his contract, by then it'll be too late and most fans will have forgotten about him.

If he only signs to make himself a RFA next year, then the Steelers will know he's only doing it to get signed elsewhere. But, IMO, the only teams that would want to sign him for next year are teams that are not close to reaching the playoffs - because they'll have the most money.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wallace was offered more than Brown 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 12:14 am

A more optimistic view from Dave Bryan at Steelers Depot ....

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/07/impact-of-new-antonio-brown-contract-on-cap-space-mike-wallace/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot+Blog%29

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallace was offered more than Brown   Wallace was offered more than Brown Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1