Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeChris Carter leaving his mark.  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Chris Carter leaving his mark.

Go down 
+3
effyou515
stlrtruck
Bays
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Chris Carter leaving his mark.  Empty
PostSubject: Chris Carter leaving his mark.    Chris Carter leaving his mark.  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:07 am

Steelers linebacker Chris Carter making, leaving marks

July 31, 2012 12:00 am
By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

It seemed as if it were a simple enough running play, just another run to the left in an 11-on-11 scrimmage drill that allows hitting but no tackling.
And Chris Carter, an outside linebacker who is known more for his speed, took advantage of the hitting.
From his right outside position, Carter came charging through the line of scrimmage and took on the lineman headed toward him, 335-pound tackle Chris Scott.
Carter -- who came to camp weighing 246 pounds, 8 pounds heavier than he was as a rookie in 2011 -- gives away nearly 90 pounds to Scott. But that didn't stop him from taking on Scott with a thunderous hit and blowing up the running play, all but stopping Scott in his tracks.
His defensive teammates celebrated as if Carter just stopped Ray Rice on fourth-and-inches at the goal line. Even Coach Mike Tomlin let out a whoop.
That's what the coaches have been eager to see from Carter, a fifth-round draft choice in 2011 who was a pass-rushing defensive end at Fresno State. And they have been seeing it with increasing and pleasant regularity at training camp.

Read More: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-linebacker-chris-carter-making-leaving-marks-646878/

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Chris Carter leaving his mark.    Chris Carter leaving his mark.  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 6:56 am

some one wants to try and get a starting spot I see.

Hit 'em hard boys....

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Chris Carter leaving his mark.  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Chris Carter leaving his mark.    Chris Carter leaving his mark.  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:53 am

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOOOOO Chris Carter leaving his mark.  98245350

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Chris Carter leaving his mark.    Chris Carter leaving his mark.  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:48 pm

Gotta love that. More depth. Quality depth. But that's what we do best.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Chris Carter leaving his mark.    Chris Carter leaving his mark.  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 4:10 pm

It's nice to hear some of the young LBs are stepping up their games. I would love to see one of them play well enough to relegate Foote to a backup position. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Chris Carter leaving his mark.  1414754481

Back to top Go down
Lemondrop
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Chris Carter leaving his mark.    Chris Carter leaving his mark.  EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:52 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
It's nice to hear some of the young LBs are stepping up their games. I would love to see one of them play well enough to relegate Foote to a backup position. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Chris Carter leaving his mark.  1414754481

Agreed.

I've really been hoping Carter willl develop into the OLB to (eventually) replace James H. - I have a fond spot in my heart for Carter, because last year, when the Steelers selected Carter in the 5th (# 162), the Ravens had pick #s 164 and 165... and reportedly, were salivating over Chris Carter. I read that Ozzie Newsome loved Carter, and was quite disappointed that WE nailed him!

Love me some Carter! Chris Carter leaving his mark.  3562723908

I post on a Ravens' forum at times; during the '11 draft, there was a lengthy thread as the draft commenced, and right before the 160s came up, the Rats' fans universally begged the Ravens to take Carter in the 164-165 slot. The utter joy, to see Colbert snatch Carter from their little paws... Priceless! Chris Carter leaving his mark.  1647293567

I hope Carter develops into a Pro-Bowler, just to rub their noses in it.

In all fairness, though - their #165, Pernell McPhee, looks very good...
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Chris Carter leaving his mark.    Chris Carter leaving his mark.  EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:13 am

A lot of people are being overly harsh on Jason Worilds because 1) he was a second round pick and 2) he's had some injuries. I know it's only tangentially related to this topic, but it's one of my current Steelers related pet peeves. He stepped up and played well in Woodley's spot last year, and he's still in line as the heir apparent to Harrison. As long as there are no unexpected complications with his wrist, I think he's going to have a good year spotting Harrison. I've been watching him, and he's growing into a complete player. A successful transition from college DE to 3-4 OLB; like Woodley, unlike Bruce Davis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Carter leaving his mark.    Chris Carter leaving his mark.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Carter leaving his mark.
Page 1 of 1