Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers RB Rainey seeks identity  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bays

Bays

Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity  Empty
PostSubject: Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity    Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:17 am

By Ralph N. Paulk
Tribune-Review

Published: Tuesday, July 31, 2012, 12:01 a.m.

Whatever the diminutive Chris Rainey gives up in size, he makes up with immeasurable confidence.

The Steelers rookie running back sprinted onto the practice field at St. Vincent College on Friday, eager to prove he belongs in the NFL. He wanted to brush aside any doubts or lingering questions about him fitting into the Steelers’ redesigned offense.

“I’m prepared for everything,” Rainey said. “I’ve been going through the playbook every day.”

Mostly, the fifth-round draft pick from Florida wants to prove he’s his own man with a unique skill set. He isn’t New Orleans’ Darren Sproles or Minnesota’s Percy Harvin.

“I hear those stories about my size all the time,” he said. “People compare me to Percy (Harvin), but it doesn’t matter how much they compare me to other people.

“It’s all about speed. And that’s what separates me from the other guys. It’s just a slow brew right now, but it’ll come in time.”

However, at 5-foot-9 and 180 pounds, he can live with the Sproles comparison.

“Whatever you see in Darren Sproles, that’s what you’ll see in me,” said Rainey, who likens his style to the Saints’ playmaker. “But I’m still Chris Rainey.”

Of course, offensive coordinator Todd Haley and running backs coach Kirby Wilson are hoping the speedy, versatile Rainey can be as productive as his idol.

Isaac Redman, who likely will get the starting nod at running back for the injured Rashard Mendenhall for the regular-season opener in Denver, is confident Rainey can deliver.

Read more...

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity    Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:35 am

I really like the backs we have going into this season. It is just going to be hard when it comes time for the cuts and practice squad. Alot of talent but not enough room for them all. No

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity    Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 3:56 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
I really like the backs we have going into this season. It is just going to be hard when it comes time for the cuts and practice squad. Alot of talent but not enough room for them all. No

You're right but somehow I think we see a turnover with these young guys like Rainey and Batch moving in.
Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity    Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity  EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:01 pm

I'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity    Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity  Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers RB Rainey seeks identity
Page 1 of 1