Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWith Wallace out, Sanders catching up Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

With Wallace out, Sanders catching up

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

With Wallace out, Sanders catching up Empty
PostSubject: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 9:16 am

By Alan Robinson
Published: Thursday, August 9, 2012
Updated 9 hours ago

Receiver Emmanuel Sanders still has some catching up to do.

He’d like to get a jump on it when the Steelers open their preseason schedule Thursday in Philadelphia. It will be one of those blink-and-they’re gone nights for the starters, but Sanders said every second on the field is important.

If only because, with the unsigned Mike Wallace still not in camp, Sanders is starting at the “X” position, which usually is manned by the top downfield threat. He also has moved up to No. 2 on quarterback Ben Roethlisberger’s checkdown list, behind the newly rich Antonio Brown.

Be it only an exhibition game, but Sanders is replacing Wallace as a starter for the first time since Wallace’s contract dispute began.

“Unfortunately Mike isn’t here, and we want him here because I feel he’s a great asset to this receiving corps,” Sanders said. “But if he’s not here, it’s an opportunity for me to gain chemistry with Ben and prove that I can make plays out there.”

(Read More:) http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2371934-85/sanders-brown-wallace-roethlisberger-yards-ben-catches-starting-camp-catching?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm really pulling for Sanders to stay healthy and turn it on this year, especially if Wallace continues holding out. I'd like to see Sanders make Wallace expendable and take his game to a whole new level. I've grown tired of the Wallace drama and would just like to see someone else at this point. Sanders has shown flashes in his limited playing time and I think he can be the answer to the holdout if he can just stay healthy.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:03 pm

I'm excited for Sanders this year as much as I was for Brown last year. It's his time to shine, and let's see what he can make of it.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:28 pm

bayz101 wrote:
I'm excited for Sanders this year as much as I was for Brown last year. It's his time to shine, and let's see what he can make of it.

He's a restricted free agent after this season, so I'd figure he'll be balls to the wall trying to showcase himself this year for a new contract. I have high expectations for him.

Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Curious......what exactly is the problem with Sander's feet? The nurse in me wants to know.

I googled it yesterday and couldn't find anything.

With Wallace out, Sanders catching up We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Gingerchip wrote:
Curious......what exactly is the problem with Sander's feet? The nurse in me wants to know.

I googled it yesterday and couldn't find anything.

He ran into Rex Ryan. With Wallace out, Sanders catching up 1664291743

Bays

PostSubject: Re: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Sanders broke his right foot in our loss to Green Bay in the Super Bowl, and never really let it heal correctly and fully.

PostSubject: Re: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 4:56 pm

I tried to google specifically what the injury was, but about 5 minutes of searching didn't really turn up much. I know it was a fracture of some kind, and he had some kind of injection during training camp last year to try to speed up the healing process. I believe he had 3 separate operations done on his feet. He had issues with both of his feet, and he also dealt with some swelling and fluid on his knee mid-season last year.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Thanks Dodens! I thought it was something like tendonitis or some type of chronic problem with his arches or something along those lines.

With Wallace out, Sanders catching up We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:51 pm

bayz101 wrote:
He ran into Rex Ryan. With Wallace out, Sanders catching up 1664291743

DOH!!

With Wallace out, Sanders catching up Homersimpsondonut

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 1:20 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Thanks Dodens! I thought it was something like tendonitis or some type of chronic problem with his arches or something along those lines.

Luckily not, he had no injury history of note prior to the Super Bowl injury.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 11:22 am

I'm on record as saying that when healthy, Sanders might actually be a better receiver than A. Brown. They were drafted together, and Sanders was ahead of Brown on the depth chart for two straight seasons before his injuries. But Brown is probably further along in his development now because of experience. If Wallace doesn't come back, I'm predicting that Sanders has a bigger year than Brown (not just because I think he's a better receiver, but because as the No. 1 target, Brown will be getting more attention from opposing defenses).

And speaking of Wallace:

Quote :
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

Wanna know what Mike Wallace is thinking about by holding out? Well, just ask David Johnson.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up EmptyFri Aug 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I'm on record as saying that when healthy, Sanders might actually be a better receiver than A. Brown. They were drafted together, and Sanders was ahead of Brown on the depth chart for two straight seasons before his injuries. But Brown is probably further along in his development now because of experience. If Wallace doesn't come back, I'm predicting that Sanders has a bigger year than Brown (not just because I think he's a better receiver, but because as the No. 1 target, Brown will be getting more attention from opposing defenses).

And speaking of Wallace:

Quote :
Mark Kaboly ‏@MarkKaboly_Trib

Wanna know what Mike Wallace is thinking about by holding out? Well, just ask David Johnson.

I'm not sure if he'll have a better year, but it's certainly possible that he'll have a great one. Not commenting on Wallace. Sign your tender, dumb-ass. With Wallace out, Sanders catching up 1797695198

PostSubject: Re: With Wallace out, Sanders catching up   With Wallace out, Sanders catching up Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1