Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeStarks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured Empty
PostSubject: Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured   Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Posted 53 minutes ago

The Steelers activated veteran offensive tackle Max Starks from the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) List, the team announced today.

Starks, now in his ninth season with the Steelers, has been recovering from an ACL injury. He has seen action in 107 career games with 80 starts.

The Steelers also signed rookie running back Jason Ford. He signed with the Houston Texans as an undrafted rookie free agent out of the University of Illinois in May. Ford will wear No. 21.

To make room on the roster the Steelers placed running back John Clay on the Waived/Injured List.

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Starks-activated-Ford-Signed-Clay-WaivedInjured/c0b690fb-565c-41cd-a23f-fc95b7649f1d

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured   Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Well that pretty much solidifies that RB stable barring additional injuries, although I'd assume all along that Clay would be the odd man out. Unfortunate his season had to end like this.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured   Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:39 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
Well that pretty much solidifies that RB stable barring additional injuries, although I'd assume all along that Clay would be the odd man out. Unfortunate his season had to end like this.

Somebody else had suggested it wouldn't be a bad idea to convert Clay into a FB which could have been another option not only for him to remain on the team, but to possibly rectify our problem of DJ being gone. Too bad it can't be attempted now. I liked some of the things I saw from Clay in his limited playing time. That said, out of the available RBs on the roster currently, he's probably the most expendable.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured   Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:43 pm

How good is this other guy?

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured   Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:44 pm

I don't know, but they're going to beat him like a rented mule if Redman and Dwyer are held out against the Colts.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured   Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 2:52 pm

fer69 wrote:
How good is this other guy?

I'm sure he's mostly just a camp body to absorb some of the pre-season punishment for the RBs. How about Jason "Flak Jacket" Ford for a temporary nickname? Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured 2087824411 Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured   Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 4:04 pm

Quote :
jay ford ‏@jayford21
Officially a Pittsburgh Steeler! Now time to go to work! Let's get it!

Seems like he's got the right attitude. Doubt it helps him much though.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured   Starks activated; Ford Signed; Clay Waived/Injured Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1