Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home*Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

*Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.

Go down 
+2
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

*Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. Empty
PostSubject: *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.   *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 1:17 am

By Mike Bires Times Sports Staff

According to Jason La Canfora of the NFL Network, veteran tackle Max Starks visited team headquarters on Tuesday, took a physical and is close to re-signing with the Steelers.

Starks, who was cut at the start of training camp, is expected to re-sign as the Steelers cope with injuries on the offensive line.

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/local_sports/starks-may-return-to-steelers/article_5957f1a1-94e1-5122-998a-2cb691f4d79b.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.   *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:48 am

I never thought I'd see the day that I'd feel relief at the thought of Starks holding down our LT position, but.... *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. 1227708691

The things that concern me though are that Minnesota was supposedly looking at signing him recently (why didn't they?), the fact he's coming off of a serious injury, is probably not in great football shape and has not played a single down since his injury early last season. How effective can the guy truly be for us right now?

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.   *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:50 am

OT Starks, Steelers near deal
Wednesday, October 05, 2011
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers could be bringing back a familiar face to help their injury-plagued and struggling offensive line.

Max Starks, released before the start of training camp, was at the team's South Side facility Tuesday night and is close to signing a deal to return to the team for whom he has started 75 games, including postseason, in his seven-year career, team sources told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Starks missed the second half of 2010 with a neck injury that kept him from working out during the offseason. That caused him to be overweight and out of shape and forced the Steelers to release him. Starks has lost 60 pounds since then and is closer to his listed weight of 345 pounds

The Steelers will have to release a player to make room for Starks, who will provide depth on the line and is not being brought in to be an immediate starter.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11278/1179762-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz1Zta10AZi

Back to top Go down
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

PostSubject: Re: *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.   *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 7:14 am

He can't be worse than anyone we have now at tackle.

And yes, it's very sad that upon reading this I heard the sounds of the gates of Heaven opening.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.   *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:11 am

I got a text this morning that they released Chris Scott (T), to make room for Starks.

And here's the link for confirmation from the Steelers:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Starks-signed-Chris-Scott-released/b159a0db-98aa-43f1-bcf5-9d70fb6ea97b

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.   *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:27 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I got a text this morning that they released Chris Scott (T), to make room for Starks.

And here's the link for confirmation from the Steelers:
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Starks-signed-Chris-Scott-released/b159a0db-98aa-43f1-bcf5-9d70fb6ea97b

No big loss there. If he couldn't crack THIS lineup, there's no hope for him anyway.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.   *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 3:51 pm

i heard starks hurt his back getting out of his car this morning *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. 3798349058
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.   *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 4:13 pm

fer69 wrote:
i heard starks hurt his back getting out of his car this morning *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. 3798349058

*Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. 1824088959

It would be funny if it weren't so possible *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. 1797695198

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.   *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 5:09 pm

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Max Starks was getting ready to head to training camp in late July when the Pittsburgh Steelers called and told him not to bother.

The veteran offensive lineman didn't take getting cut for salary cap purposes personally. He knew he was expensive. He knew he was coming off a neck injury that cut short his 2010 season and he knew the Steelers made it to the Super Bowl without him.

"It's not a hard decision to make when you look at it from a professional standpoint," Starks said.

Neither was Starks' decision to come back.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/10/05/max.starks.ap/index.html#ixzz1ZwaM8HOv
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.   *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
I never thought I'd see the day that I'd feel relief at the thought of Starks holding down our LT position, but.... *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. 1227708691

The things that concern me though are that Minnesota was supposedly looking at signing him recently (why didn't they?), the fact he's coming off of a serious injury, is probably not in great football shape and has not played a single down since his injury early last season. How effective can the guy truly be for us right now?

Well no one has picked up Flozell either have they? Here's for hoping the second time around is better. Can't get much worse if we didn't play anyone at LT. Just leave a void. Rolling Eyes Come on in the door's open.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.   *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2011 4:30 am

fer69 wrote:

No that was reported wrong. He hurt himself and when he bumped into Charlie Batch he put him on IR.
Here's the link. www.batch/starksoutforseason.com *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. 1797695198 They're thinking about signing Mike Tyson so he can bite some ears off. Desperate times!! *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. 1549491426
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.   *Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived. Empty

Back to top Go down

*Update* Starks to return to Steelers, Chris Scott waived.
Page 1 of 1