Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCan Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot? Empty
PostSubject: Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot?   Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 3:45 pm

August 20, 2012 4:23 AM
PITTSBURGH (93-7 THE FAN) — At least, on this particular Sunday, the Steelers didn’t miss Mike Wallace that much.

Even despite the holdout of their star receiver, Ben Roethlisberger and company had plenty of options on offense in a 26-24 preseason win over the Indianapolis Colts at Heinz Field. David Gilreath faces the daunting task of fighting for one of those jobs, but he seemed to take a big step toward it Sunday night.

Gilreath starred at Wisconsin under Pitt coach Paul Chryst before trying out unsuccessfully with the Colts last summer. His most impressive play, in which he showed shades of Wallace, was a 41-yard completion from Charlie Batch down the near sideline into Indianapolis territory.

(Read More:) http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/08/20/can-gilreath-grab-a-roster-spot/

Back to top Go down
steelersfan87

PostSubject: Re: Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot?   Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:03 pm

I'd say Gilreath is clearly in position for a roster spot right now.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot?   Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
I'd say Gilreath is clearly in position for a roster spot right now.

I still have to watch the rest of the game. I'm excited to see this guy from all of the comments I've seen you guys make about him here already. Sounds like he was the star of last night's game.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot?   Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot? EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 5:41 pm

what about Lincoln "FORD" Mercury? i was kinda impressed with the way he ran the ball you think he's got a chance to make the team or the PS

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot?   Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 5:30 am

fer69 wrote:
what about Lincoln "FORD" Mercury? i was kinda impressed with the way he ran the ball you think he's got a chance to make the team or the PS

He certainly is trying to make a case. He looked like he ran hard and powerful. I liked what I saw, but keep in mind it may have been mostly against soon-to-be burger flippers from the Colts. I'd like to see if he can match that type of running against 1st teamers before giving him a contract.

Gilreath looked very impressive. He made some nice grabs, ran good routes, and showed some speed. I would definitely be looking hard at this guy as a 5th WR if I were Mike Tomlin right now. We'll see how he does in the final 2 pre-season games.

Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot?   Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot? EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:23 am

Gilreath deserves a roster spot, hope he continues to play well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot?   Can Gilreath Grab A Roster Spot? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1