Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeAddition of Gilbert adds intrigue to Steelers' O-line Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Addition of Gilbert adds intrigue to Steelers' O-line

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Addition of Gilbert adds intrigue to Steelers' O-line Empty
PostSubject: Addition of Gilbert adds intrigue to Steelers' O-line   Addition of Gilbert adds intrigue to Steelers' O-line EmptyTue May 17, 2011 2:23 am

By Mike Wilkening

The Steelers' addition of OT-OG Marcus Gilbert in Round Two of the NFL draft was a clear signal Pittsburgh envisions him having a key role on their offensive line, but where — and when — will he play regularly? Those issues remain to be sorted out, from all appearances. Though Gilbert played left tackle at Florida, the Steelers think he can play inside. "He has pulling skills, and we can envision him at the guard spot as well," Steelers OL coach Sean Kugler said during the draft, according to the team. "Right now, I couldn't tell you where he is going to line up. We are trying to get the best five and the best two game-day guys behind it. He'll be in the right spot when it comes time to go."
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2011/05/16/addition-of-gilbert-adds-intrigue-to-steelers-o-li

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Addition of Gilbert adds intrigue to Steelers' O-line Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addition of Gilbert adds intrigue to Steelers' O-line   Addition of Gilbert adds intrigue to Steelers' O-line EmptyTue May 17, 2011 4:20 am

I'd like to think he'll replace Kemo because I have been underwhelmed by his play, but it's more likely he'll take over the revolving door right guard spot at some point. Kemo just seems to be regressing. We've probably seen the best of what he has to offer. He also doesn't seem all that bright, even by football standards.

Back to top Go down

Addition of Gilbert adds intrigue to Steelers' O-line
Page 1 of 1