Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line Empty
PostSubject: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line   Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line EmptyFri May 24, 2013 12:14 am

Quote :
By Mark Kaboly

Even when Marcus Gilbert found out that he was getting moved to right tackle last year, he always held out hope that he would eventually return to the left side.

Now appears to be that time.

Gilbert got the first crack at left tackle during the first week of organized team activities that wrapped up Thursday, and he's planning on staying there.

“Everything will sort it out for itself eventually,” said Gilbert, who missed the final 11 games last year with an ankle injury. “I have been focusing on the left side this whole offseason and feeling more and more comfortable. The left side is more important because the quarterback has to have a lot of trust in you. Ben knows what I can do out there.”

Second-year man Mike Adams also will get a shot at playing left tackle during OTAs.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4073351-74/gilbert-round-dwyer#ixzz2UBDiLjpL
I'm sure DeCastro hopes Gilbert stays on the left side as well. Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line 2981382511

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line   Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line EmptyFri May 24, 2013 8:23 am

I'm sure there might be some who hopes Gilbert pushes forward, not fall backwards!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line   Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:02 am

Quote :
By Mark Kaboly

Gilbert said he is looking forward to facing former Steelers linebacker James Harrison, who signed with division foe Cincinnati during the offseason. “He is going to be in the way. He is going to be another face,” Gilbert said.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4073351-74/gilbert-round-dwyer#ixzz2UDL03tH5
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

Just a little tried-and-true technique tip for Gilbert when he faces Harrison: 1) stick your left arm straight out to your side; 2) hook the inside of your elbow around Harrison's neck; 3) don't let go until you hear the whistle.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line   Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line EmptyFri May 24, 2013 9:40 am

Oh, and I think Gilbert is the better left tackle. Adams has very good talent, but I think Gilbert's initial drop step with his left foot helps him get to the speed rushers better than what I've seen out of Adams.

And Adams is the better run blocker, which is needed on the right side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line   Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line Empty

Back to top Go down

Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
Page 1 of 1