Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts

Go down 
+3
Bays
stlrtruck
Wallace108
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  Empty
PostSubject: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:05 am

By Alan Robinson

Being perfect wasn't good enough for Danny Hrapmann.

Hrapmann, the rookie kicker from Southern Mississippi, went 6 for 6 on field goal attempts in three preseason games, but was among 15 players released Monday by the Steelers. Only two other NFL kickers are perfect with more attempts in the preseason than Hrapmann, whose only training camp invitation was from the Steelers.

Also cut was former Gateway High star Mortty Ivy, the linebacker who played at West Virginia. He was waived injured.

The Steelers reached the 75-man roster limit by also cutting linebacker Ryan Baker, defensive tackle Mike Blanc, wide receiver Paul Cox, cornerback Andre Freeman, offensive lineman Kyle Jolly, long snapper Matt Katula, tight end Jamie McCoy, cornerback Walter McFadden, tight end Justin Peelle, safety Myron Rolle, wide receiver Juamorris Stewart, defensive tackle Kade Weston and wide receiver Jimmy Young.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2482308-85/steelers-hrapmann-preseason-receiver-wide-attempts-cornerback-defensive-limit-linebacker?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29#axzz24l8AVrTn

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:22 am

I really wish they would have kept Hrapmann and not Suisham.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:25 am

stlrtruck wrote:
I really wish they would have kept Hrapmann and not Suisham.
I was kind of hoping the same thing, but my thought is that maybe they were so close in talent that it's probably better to go with the veteran.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:16 pm

Tell Billy Cundiff that. If Suisham costs us a game, THE THREAD is coming!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:40 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Tell Billy Cundiff that. If Suisham costs us a game, THE THREAD is coming!
I'm not saying I agree with the decision. Just trying to understand it.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:41 pm

Well, he could be signed to the practice squad. A majority of these cuts could. Who knows.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 3:15 pm

I was really rooting for Rolle...at least now he can go be a doctor or something
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:04 pm

Blitzburghfan wrote:
I was really rooting for Rolle...at least now he can go be a doctor or something
It's always good to have something to fall back on. Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  1797695198

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 4:08 pm

Looks like Rolle got a taste of his own medicine. Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  755331329

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 5:55 pm

Obviously I'm not surprised about Hrapmann being cut. Nobody that writes about the Steelers really ever wrote anything at all about him in training camp, which is quite the opposite of all the attention that Drew Butler received. Obviously he wasn't lighting it up in training camp, and going 5 for 6 or 6 for 6 or whatever in some meaningless games doesn't mean a whole lot when your career average is below 75%. This doesn't mean that they can't look at another kicker off of somebody else's scrap heap.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:19 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
Obviously I'm not surprised about Hrapmann being cut. Nobody that writes about the Steelers really ever wrote anything at all about him in training camp, which is quite the opposite of all the attention that Drew Butler received. Obviously he wasn't lighting it up in training camp, and going 5 for 6 or 6 for 6 or whatever in some meaningless games doesn't mean a whole lot when your career average is below 75%. This doesn't mean that they can't look at another kicker off of somebody else's scrap heap.

Daniel Hrapmann went 4-7 in 2009. 26-31 in 2010, and 23-34 in his last year, coming off of an injury. Suisham went 3-8 in 2001. 12-14 in 2002. 16-24 in 2003, and 14-20 in 2004. Let's add this up.

Hrapmann: 53-72 in his college career. 19 misses. 73%
Suisham: 45-66 in his college career. 21 misses. 68%

So. Shaun Suisham came out of college worse off than Hrapmann did. I don't want to hear about college field-goal percentage anymore. What matters is what he does in the NFL. Hrapmann will be available if we need him, and I certainly think he's better than you're making him out to be.

I mean, if Suisham can come out of college with a 68% field goal percentage and maintain a decent NFL field goal percentage of 79%, Hrapmann surely has a chance, does he not? He is better coming out of college with more field goals kicked? Honestly. I'm not saying Hrapmann is the savior of this football team, i'm saying the "career percentage" argument isn't really logical, considering our starting kicker came out of college even worse than Hrapmann. Correct me if i'm wrong.

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:25 pm

I just see no reason to go with a guy you have no reason to believe is better than the guy you already have. And like I said, Hrapmann's not the only kicker that will be looking for a job soon.
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Dodens Grav wrote:
I just see no reason to go with a guy you have no reason to believe is better than the guy you already have. And like I said, Hrapmann's not the only kicker that will be looking for a job soon.

Fact: Hrapmann is a better kicker coming out of college than Suisham was. My opinion: Hrapmann has potential, Suisham has potential to miss big kicks when the game is on the line.

That's just my opinion.

I can deal with Suisham, but I certainly think we should be planning for the future. Hopefully Hrapmann, or someone with potential is signed to the practice squad.

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:38 pm

I don't know. I just wanted to put an end to the career percentage argument. I'm fine with having Suisham as out kicker as long as the game isn't on the line. He's made a few game-winners before, but he's missed a lot as well, and unfortunately for his, his misses are more notable than his makes. If he isn't completely composed, he's a dangerous kicker. Hopefully we're scoring touchdowns enough this year that we won't have to rely on him.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 6:57 pm

bring back Jeff Reed....kidding of course
Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:05 pm

Well the good news is...Kapinos was cut today (check out my "Cut list?" thread)! That means that Drew Butler must be our new punter! Have high hopes for that kid to succeed!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 8:00 am

bayz101 wrote:
Dodens Grav wrote:

Daniel Hrapmann went 4-7 in 2009. 26-31 in 2010, and 23-34 in his last year, coming off of an injury. Suisham went 3-8 in 2001. 12-14 in 2002. 16-24 in 2003, and 14-20 in 2004. Let's add this up.

Hrapmann: 53-72 in his college career. 19 misses. 73%
Suisham: 45-66 in his college career. 21 misses. 68%

So. Shaun Suisham came out of college worse off than Hrapmann did. I don't want to hear about college field-goal percentage anymore. What matters is what he does in the NFL. Hrapmann will be available if we need him, and I certainly think he's better than you're making him out to be.

I mean, if Suisham can come out of college with a 68% field goal percentage and maintain a decent NFL field goal percentage of 79%, Hrapmann surely has a chance, does he not? He is better coming out of college with more field goals kicked? Honestly. I'm not saying Hrapmann is the savior of this football team, i'm saying the "career percentage" argument isn't really logical, considering our starting kicker came out of college even worse than Hrapmann. Correct me if i'm wrong.

This doesn't even mention his shaky kicking for the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins who ditched him. He has never been the long-term answer from the moment he was signed. I had concerns about him from the start after seeing some of his previous work. I would have gone with Hrapmann.

Blitzburghfan wrote:
bring back Jeff Reed....kidding of course

Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  889237850

Come to your senses, man! Just think of all of the poor defenseless towel dispensers in the Pittsburgh area that would be put in harm's way! Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  3798349058

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
Well the good news is...Kapinos was cut today (check out my "Cut list?" thread)! That means that Drew Butler must be our new punter! Have high hopes for that kid to succeed!

I'm good with Butler. He's been pretty good this pre-season, but Kapinos really came through for us quite a bit. I think Jeremy's injury and inability to compete for the job hurt him most. Hopefully he can latch on to another team and be successful there. Thanks for making Mitch Berger expendable, Jeremy! Good luck!

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:12 am

Kapinos wasn't cut.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:18 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Kapinos wasn't cut.

Is he still competing or is he done with an injury?

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:22 am

Last year's list of cuts was accidentally posted in another thread, and of course, Kapinos was on it. He's still on the team as of now. Here's the latest on him:
---------------------------------------------------------

Kapinos: “I am coming along great”

Posted by Teresa Varley on August 24, 2012 – 2:29 pm

Punter Jeremy Kapinos has been bothered by a back injury during training camp, missing the team’s first two preseason games.

But he is back to kicking a football and said that the things are slowly improving.

“I have kicked a football, which is my job, so I felt great,” said Kapinos. “It felt good from a physical standpoint and mentally. I hadn’t seen a ball fly off my foot and turn over in a while so that re-energized me. Hopefully this continues. Just to see an end in sight feels really good.”

Kapinos doesn’t know what the exact time frame for his return to punting in a game is, but feels like he is on track with the plan that the athletic training staff has set for him.

“I am coming along great,” said Kapinos. “They put a pretty good plan in place and it’s coming to fruition so it feels good. Everything has been on schedule and I am doing everything in my power to help the team win in the preseason and regular season. It’s coming along.”

http://blog.steelers.com/2012/08/24/kapinos-i-am-coming-along-great/

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 9:26 am

I have a feeling he'll be cut in the next round. If he can't play, he can't win the job unless they had no intention of replacing him from the get-go.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts    Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts  Empty

Back to top Go down

Hrapmann, Ivy among Steelers' 15 cuts
Page 1 of 1