Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Make Final Cuts Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Make Final Cuts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers Make Final Cuts Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Make Final Cuts   Steelers Make Final Cuts EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:51 pm

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — The final cuts have been made as the Steelers trimmed their roster down to the league-mandated 53 players today.

The team announced this afternoon that they released five players.

The cuts include offensive lineman Tony Hills, tight end John Gilmore, cornerback Crezdon Butler, punter Jeremy Kapinos and defensive lineman Jarrett Crittenton.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/09/03/steelers-make-final-cuts-release-5-players/
-------------------------------

I can't believe Crezdon Butler was cut. Steelers Make Final Cuts 2913999526
He didn't seem to get much of an opportunity, unlike Gay ... who gets chance after chance after chance no matter how much he screws up.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Make Final Cuts   Steelers Make Final Cuts EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:25 am

Butler? Come on! Are we going to have to hire Tonya Harding to take Gay's knee out with a pipe or something? This is starting to get into Carey Davis territory now. Steelers Make Final Cuts 1505004552

At least this means they kept Jonathan Dwyer and Weslye Saunders.

Can anyone tell me why we kept MeMo? Tomlin needs to get over his man-crush on Mewelde. I don't see where we need him that badly anymore. He was really good for us for a couple of years, but he seems expendable to me now. I'd rather have seen them cut him to keep Butler.

Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Make Final Cuts   Steelers Make Final Cuts EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:38 am

I guess I can be devils advocate here, I can understand why they kept Gay. We all know how hard it is to learn LeBeau Defense and I would put a lot of trust in LeBeau and who works best in his defense.
Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Make Final Cuts   Steelers Make Final Cuts EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:42 am

Shocked I think the most shocking for me with starters was big sexy Cris Kemoeatu. When he is not playing bad he is usually injured so if BA wanted to cut him I would been Okay with that.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Make Final Cuts   Steelers Make Final Cuts EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:44 am

blastfurness wrote:
I guess I can be devils advocate here, I can understand why they kept Gay. We all know how hard it is to learn LeBeau Defense and I would put a lot of trust in LeBeau and who works best in his defense.

I guess I can understand it too. The Steelers are banking on veteran experience from last year's Super Bowl team leading them back there again this year through continuity and stability. With the odd offseason with next to no camp to get new guys up to speed, they feel a core team of experienced players will give them an advantage over teams bringing in a lot of new or young guys with little time to learn their systems. Hopefully the gamble pays off with another Super Bowl.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Make Final Cuts   Steelers Make Final Cuts EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 10:45 am

blastfurness wrote:
Shocked I think the most shocking for me with starters was big sexy Cris Kemoeatu. When he is not playing bad he is usually injured so if BA wanted to cut him I would been Okay with that.

I wouldn't mind keeping him as a backup. I'm not sold on Kemo either. Too many penalties and missed blocking assignments for me.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Make Final Cuts   Steelers Make Final Cuts EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:40 am

blastfurness wrote:
It still doesn't make sense to me. They kept two rookie CBs over Butler. Steelers Make Final Cuts 2087824411
Butler looked good going up against better competition than Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown. And he has a full year in the system.

I guess he sealed his fate with the pick 6 in the Atlanta game. I don't think our CBs are allowed to catch the ball, much less run it back for a TD. Steelers Make Final Cuts 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Make Final Cuts   Steelers Make Final Cuts EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:49 am

Wallace108 wrote:
I guess he sealed his fate with the pick 6 in the Atlanta game. I don't think our CBs are allowed to catch the ball, much less run it back for a TD. Steelers Make Final Cuts 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Make Final Cuts   Steelers Make Final Cuts Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Make Final Cuts
Page 1 of 1