Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWallace "surprised" how well he knows offense Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense

Go down 
+4
vasteeler
Blitzburghfan
fer69
Wallace108
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense Empty
PostSubject: Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense   Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:13 pm

Posted by Josh Alper

The Steelers have been practicing together for a long time at this point in the year, but they had an old friend join them for the first time on Monday.

Wide receiver Mike Wallace was a participant in practice for the first time this season, leaving him little chance to make up for lost time before the start of the regular season. The good news is that Wallace declared himself “surprised” with how well he already knew the offense despite offensive coordinator Todd Haley installing it while he was away from the team.

“I have been studying it. I have a good grasp of it. It’s just running the plays off of it. I am getting there. I like where I am at,” Wallace said, via the team’s website.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/03/mike-wallace-surprised-how-well-he-knows-offense/
----------------------------------

How long does it really take to learn a playbook full of go routes? Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Steelers' Mike Wallace pleased by first full day of practice   Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:15 pm

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Mike Wallace thinks he's ready to face the Denver Broncos.

The Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver says Monday there's no need to hold him back for Sunday's season opener in Denver despite a lengthy holdout that didn't end until last week.

"I felt pretty good out there, and coach gave me a lot to look at today," Wallace said. "But he's good about that. He knew that I wanted to work, and I was able to get in a lot of extra time."

The Pro Bowl player insists he's nearly up to speed on new offensive coordinator Todd Haley's playbook.

"I like where I'm at so far this week, but they shouldn't have to limit me at all," he said. "We'll see how it goes the rest of the week. But I'm very excited for this season, and I don't think they'll have to hold back too much."

Wallace, a restricted free agent, skipped all of Pittsburgh's offseason activities and the first month of training camp while trying to get a new deal. He didn't sign his one-year tender worth about $2.7 million until last Tuesday and wasn't cleared to practice until last Friday while sitting out a mandatory three-day acclimation period.

The 26-year-old spent some extra time in the team's practice facility over the weekend while his teammates received a brief break before the start of the regular season.

While he insists he's ready to go, some other Steelers aren't so sure they'll be available when they head west to the same stadium where their 2011 season ended with a stunning 29-23 overtime loss to the Broncos.

Linebacker James Harrison practiced on Monday and reported "very little discomfort" in his right knee. The four-time Pro Bowler underwent surgery on the knee Aug. 15 and went through every period but one on Monday, though Harrison said he'll wait to see how the knee responds to such a heavy workload before figuring out if he can play in Denver.

The same goes for linebacker Jason Worilds, who is still recovering from offseason wrist surgery. Worilds didn't play at all during the preseason but practiced with his wrist heavily bandaged on Monday.

"It's not my decision, but if it was my decision I would tell myself that I was going to play this week," he said. "So, today was a great day, and hopefully each one will get better this week. And if I continue to progress, I'll definitely be ready to go."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/football/nfl/09/03/steelers-wallace.ap/index.html#ixzz25SXXZqsu

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
Blitzburghfan
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense   Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 9:34 am

I would hope he knows the playbook........didn't he say he had been working with some trainer in Florida who was helping him with the playbook?
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense   Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:04 am

mike will be fine. run really fast and catch the ball

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense   Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 11:08 am

Blitzburghfan wrote:
I would hope he knows the playbook........didn't he say he had been working with some trainer in Florida who was helping him with the playbook?

Yep. I think it went something like this.

Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
tube517
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense   Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:27 pm

One Trick Pony Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense 1797695198

I hope he shreds the Donkeys secondary or at least plays possum and let Antonio and Manny carve them up.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense   Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 10:48 pm

tube517 wrote:
One Trick Pony Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense 1797695198

I hope he shreds the Donkeys secondary or at least plays possum and let Antonio and Manny carve them up.
I can't wait to see Wallace, Sanders, and Brown running wild this year. Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense 3056903510

Back to top Go down
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

PostSubject: Re: Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense   Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:14 am

I guess we'll see come Sunday night. I hope he does better under the new playbook.

PostSubject: Re: Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense   Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:45 pm

I hope he can catch his wind pretty quickly. That long of a layoff might slow him a bit.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense   Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:46 pm

Steeltown beatdown wrote:
I hope he can catch his wind pretty quickly. That long of a layoff might slow him a bit.

I think you'll see Wallace in and out of the game more often than normal for a couple of weeks until he gets in football shape. Sanders and Rainey can spell him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense   Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense Empty

Back to top Go down

Wallace "surprised" how well he knows offense
Page 1 of 1