Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMendenhall not ruled out for season opener Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelCityMom

SteelCityMom

Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener Empty
PostSubject: Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener   Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 11:40 am

Steelers notebook: Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener
By Alan Robinson
Published: Tuesday, September 4, 2012, 6:36 p.m.
Updated 1 hour ago

The Steelers didn’t expect running back Rashard Mendenhall (knee) to return until well into the season. Yet he practiced Monday, and coach Mike Tomlin isn’t ruling him out of the season opener Sunday in Denver.

Mendenhall tore an ACL in the final 2011 regular-season game.

Isaac Redman, expected to fill in for Mendenhall, is still battling an ankle injury, and his status is uncertain.

Jonathan Dwyer is healthy and coming off a strong preseason, prompting Tomlin to say, “There’s a certain level of growth and maturity ... (and) he is in better physical condition than he has been in the past.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2533157-85/tomlin-season-clark-manning-mendenhall-game-denver-despite-didn-wallace#ixzz25bu0K4AQ
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener   Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 1:51 pm

I'd prefer we use him sparringly. No need to rush him back and sustain some season ending (or God forbid career ending) injury that puts everything we've gained thus far to waste.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener   Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 2:59 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I'd prefer we use him sparringly. No need to rush him back and sustain some season ending (or God forbid career ending) injury that puts everything we've gained thus far to waste.

Me too. I think our RB stable is more than capable of carrying the load until Mendy is 100%.

Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener   Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:20 pm

No need to rush back Spinderella.
Back to top Go down
RoethlisbergersLG78

RoethlisbergersLG78

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener   Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:20 pm

SteelCityMom wrote:
By Alan Robinson
Updated 1 hour ago

The Steelers didn’t expect running back Rashard Mendenhall (knee) to return until well into the season. Yet he practiced Monday, and coach Mike Tomlin isn’t ruling him out of the season opener Sunday in Denver.

Isaac Redman, expected to fill in for Mendenhall, is still battling an ankle injury, and his status is uncertain.

Jonathan Dwyer is healthy and coming off a strong preseason, prompting Tomlin to say, “There’s a certain level of growth and maturity ... (and) he is in better physical condition than he has been in the past.”

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/2533157-85/tomlin-season-clark-manning-mendenhall-game-denver-despite-didn-wallace#ixzz25bu0K4AQ

If Redman and Mendy can't go on Sunday...I'd be okay with Dwyer and Batch.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener   Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 4:05 pm

RoethlisbergersLG78 wrote:
SteelCityMom wrote:
By Alan Robinson
Updated 1 hour ago

If Redman and Mendy can't go on Sunday...I'd be okay with Dwyer and Batch.

Don't forget Rainey! Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener 1948569602

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener   Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener Empty

Back to top Go down

Mendenhall not ruled out for season opener
Page 1 of 1