Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeEx-Jet Cotchery likes 'family' feel of Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ex-Jet Cotchery likes 'family' feel of Steelers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Ex-Jet Cotchery likes 'family' feel of Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Ex-Jet Cotchery likes 'family' feel of Steelers   Ex-Jet Cotchery likes 'family' feel of Steelers EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 6:31 pm

Posted: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:52 pm
Associated Press

After a year away, Jerricho Cotchery briefly considered coming back to the New York Jets.

The more the wide receiver thought about it, though, there was no way he could leave the Pittsburgh Steelers.

"I wouldn't necessarily say it was close," Cotchery said Wednesday during a conference call with New York-area reporters. "Yes, I did talk to the Jets, but at the end of the day, Pittsburgh really wanted me back here, and it's a place I wanted to come back to.

"I don't think any team would've come between that at that time."

Cotchery spent his first seven NFL seasons with the Jets, and became a fan favorite for his toughness on the field and his humble approach off it. But, things went sour between him and the franchise last summer, and the details of his departure remain somewhat mysterious.

The Jets cut him during training camp in August 2011 and coach Rex Ryan said at the time that Cotchery requested to be released or traded. Earlier that day, though, Cotchery said, "I love being a Jet," and didn't sound as though he wanted to leave.

"The reality of it, I don't think anyone really knows everything that transpired between myself and the Jets, so everything there is between us," Cotchery said Wednesday. "There isn't anything to look back on and really say, 'I really regret it,' or anything."

(Read More:) http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/ex-jet-cotchery-likes-family-feel-of-steelers/article_f523488a-88a5-5bcf-81ca-e2b030fed576.html

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Ex-Jet Cotchery likes 'family' feel of Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ex-Jet Cotchery likes 'family' feel of Steelers   Ex-Jet Cotchery likes 'family' feel of Steelers EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 8:45 am

Proof once again that the Steelers are THE Class team of the NFL. Players don't just come here, they stay here....

Some may leave, but most of them have commented that the feeling in the lockerroom around the NFL can not and does not compare to that of the Steelers.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Ex-Jet Cotchery likes 'family' feel of Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1