Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeCotchery to visit Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Cotchery to visit Steelers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Cotchery to visit Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Cotchery to visit Steelers   Cotchery to visit Steelers EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 6, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT

Pittsburgh continues to shore surprising concern regarding their wide receiver group.

Jerrico Cotchery will visit the Steelers Sunday, according to Jamison Hensley of the Baltimore Sun. The Ravens and two other teams have expressed some level interest.

We say Pittsburgh’s level of interest is surprising because they have one of the deepest wideout groups in the league: Mike Wallace, Hines Ward, Emmanuel Sanders, and Antonio Brown.

But Sanders could be out a while, and Ward isn’t healthy either. The Steelers also showed interest in Plaxico Burress before he went to the Jets.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/06/cotchery-to-visit-steelers/
---------------------------

I wondered in the Plax thread if the reason they went after him was because they were concerned about the health of their receivers, specifically Sanders. This might not have been just a crazy thought. Cotchery to visit Steelers 2087824411

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery to visit Steelers   Cotchery to visit Steelers EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 10:34 pm

This is interesting but there is no way he's going to go to Pittsburgh without a chance at number 2. Unfortunately I think he'll have the opportunity with Baltimore (at least far as I know Smith isn't going to start...). Cotchery to visit Steelers 294855916

However, this makes really nervous about Sanders injury. He was becoming Ben's favorite target at the end of last year...

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery to visit Steelers   Cotchery to visit Steelers EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:15 am

You ever get that funny feeling in your gut? Man I think Limas Sweed will step up this and play some ball this year. What are your thoughts on this

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery to visit Steelers   Cotchery to visit Steelers EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 12:38 am

blastfurness wrote:
You ever get that funny feeling in your gut? Man I think Limas Sweed will step up this and play some ball this year. What are your thoughts on this

I remember hearing last year that Sweed was looking really good in camp. He came in with a new attitude and even changed his number to reflect his new focus. He was turning heads ... then he got injured and was out for the year. And he was injured again last week. I would love nothing more than for Sweed to emerge as a solid WR. But I'm afraid it's just never going to happen for him. But of course, I'll be happy to be wrong.

I just posted a good story on Sweed: http://www.steelersxtreme.com/t625-limas-sweed-hoping-to-put-injuries-emotional-issues-behind-him#9829

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
This is interesting but there is no way he's going to go to Pittsburgh without a chance at number 2. Unfortunately I think he'll have the opportunity with Baltimore (at least far as I know Smith isn't going to start...). Cotchery to visit Steelers 294855916

However, this makes really nervous about Sanders injury. He was becoming Ben's favorite target at the end of last year...
Yeah, I'm trying not to read too much into Sanders' injury ... but all of their interest in bringing in another receiver has me a bit nervous. This would be a good time for Sweed to rise up. Cotchery to visit Steelers 3056903510

EDIT: I was out most of the day and missed this ...

Quote :
Offensive linemen Jonathan Scott and Ramon Foster and wide receiver Limas Sweed all left Saturday’s Steelers training camp practice with injuries. Sweed’s injury is a shoulder problem, but beyond that, the nature and severity of the injuries is currently unclear.

http://pittsburgh.sbnation.com/2011/8/6/2348721/steelers-injuries-jonathan-scott-ramon-foster-limas-sweed-jerricho-cotchery

Cotchery to visit Steelers 1505004552

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cotchery to visit Steelers   Cotchery to visit Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Cotchery to visit Steelers
Page 1 of 1