Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTaylor to Polamalu: Come to Orlando Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Taylor to Polamalu: Come to Orlando

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Taylor to Polamalu: Come to Orlando Empty
PostSubject: Taylor to Polamalu: Come to Orlando   Taylor to Polamalu: Come to Orlando EmptyFri May 20, 2011 11:50 pm

May 19th, 2011

If Steelers safety Troy Polamalu doesn’t switch coasts in the coming weeks it won’t stem from a lack of lobbying on Ike Taylor’s behalf.
The veteran cornerback has been trying to persuade Polamalu to join him and a handful of other Steelers at Tom Shaw Performance Camp in Orlando with the NFL lockout threatening to wipe out all offseason workouts and practices at team facilities.
Taylor, linebacker James Farrior and cornerbacks William Gay and Bryant McFadden are among the Steelers that are training with Shaw at Disney’s Wide World of Sports complex or have spent time there this offseason.
What might keep Polamalu from joining them is his well-documented desire to stay in California during the offseason. Polamalu is so “family-oriented,” as Taylor put it, that he usually skips most of the voluntary practices that are held during a normal offseason.
Taylor’s plan for Polamalu working out in Florida without compromising the time he wants to spend with his wife and two young sons?
“He can bring his whole family,” Taylor said last week after working out under Shaw’s direction. “Him and his wife can stay in my bed, I’ll stay on the couch. That’s how bad I want him here. He can put his clothes in my room and I’m on the couch.”
Efforts to reach Polamalu have been unsuccessful but Shaw said the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year has told him that he plans to go to the Orlando area in the coming weeks.
http://blog.triblive.com/view-from-the-press-box/2011/05/19/taylor-to-polamalu-come-to-orlando/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+triblive%2Fblog%2FViewFromThePressBox+%28View+from+the+Press+Box+Blog%29

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
steelerdude15

steelerdude15

Taylor to Polamalu: Come to Orlando Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor to Polamalu: Come to Orlando   Taylor to Polamalu: Come to Orlando EmptySat May 21, 2011 12:16 am

I believe he should join them for practice, but in the end, it's Troy's decision.

Taylor to Polamalu: Come to Orlando
Page 1 of 1