Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOn the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'

Go down 
+3
stlrtruck
fer69
Galax Steeler
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' Empty
PostSubject: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:30 am

It's not so much that the Steelers defense is old and slow, now they are predictable?

Some Oakland Raiders made that claim Sunday, including wide receiver Derek Hagan, who credited quarterback Carson Palmer for diagramming Dick LeBeau's defense for his teammates and then picking it apart.

"They pretty much did the same thing that they did six, seven years ago when he was playing with Cincinnati," Hagan said of the former Bengals quarterback. "Obviously, they've got a legendary D-coordinator over there. He's been running certain things that other teams have seen, that we've seen. We knew their tendencies and we were able to hit them with some big plays when it really counted."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-clark-were-too-predictable-654864/#ixzz27YwhEmvG

fer69

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:45 am

That's what said on another thread On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' 2913999526
He's doing the same things he did in the 80,90,00

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 8:40 am

I guess this bare's the question...is it time for Dick LeBeau to pass the torch?

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Kornbread

Kornbread

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 1:07 pm

Galax Steeler wrote:
It's not so much that the Steelers defense is old and slow, now they are predictable

"They pretty much did the same thing that they did six, seven years ago when he was playing with Cincinnati," Hagan said of the former Bengals quarterback. "Obviously, they've got a legendary D-coordinator over there. He's been running certain things that other teams have seen, that we've seen. We knew their tendencies and we were able to hit them with some big plays when it really counted."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/on-the-steelers-clark-were-too-predictable-654864/#ixzz27YwhEmvG

I would venture to say it is a combination of both.....
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 3:40 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
I guess this bare's the question...is it time for Dick LeBeau to pass the torch?

If it isn't now, it's getting very close. I'm not on board with the "run him out of town on a rail" crowd that seems to be permeating SF right now, but it seems LeBeau's time may finally be passing. He's earned a well deserved retirement and should really start considering handing the reins to Keith Butler after this season.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

If it isn't now, it's getting very close. I'm not on board with the "run him out of town on a rail" crowd that seems to be permeating SF right now, but it seems LeBeau's time may finally be passing. He's earned a well deserved retirement and should really start considering handing the reins to Keith Butler after this season.

I agree, but if he doesn't step down this year, then there may be more predictability in years to come, and not just by other teams. The fans will become predictable if the defense doesn't recover.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 3:47 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
The fans will become predictable if the defense doesn't recover.

Great line. Repped! On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' 184121345

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Clark! Shut the fuck up! Don't you know you're not allowed to talk like this to the media!? On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' 3798349058

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:14 pm

bayz101 wrote:
Clark! Shut the fuck up! Don't you know you're not allowed to talk like this to the media!? On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' 3798349058

couldn't have said it any better myself, I'm just hoping that when we get our starters back we can fix all these second half scores....I read somewhere, maybe here...the Steelers have allowed 8 straight scoring drives in the second half, not a good trend
Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Blitzburghfan wrote:
bayz101 wrote:

couldn't have said it any better myself, I'm just hoping that when we get our starters back we can fix all these second half scores....I read somewhere, maybe here...the Steelers have allowed 8 straight scoring drives in the second half, not a good trend

I was sort of poking at the hornets nest, actually. Ben gets a lot of backlash for talking to the media, and then Clark goes and says this and nothing happens. On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' 1797695198

Edit: But you ARE correct about the defense. 8 scoring drives in the second half is NOT acceptable.

Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 9:19 am

I think all things should be kept in house.....including Ben and his hand signals
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' EmptyThu Sep 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Blitzburghfan wrote:
I think all things should be kept in house.....including Ben and his hand signals

On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' 3964572787

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'   On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable' Empty

Back to top Go down

On the Steelers: Clark: 'We're too predictable'
Page 1 of 1