Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePolamalu feeling better at long last Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Polamalu feeling better at long last

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Polamalu feeling better at long last Empty
PostSubject: Polamalu feeling better at long last   Polamalu feeling better at long last EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 1:50 pm

By Gerry Dulac / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The pass sailed over the middle, intended for one of the scout team's receiver, and, with one flying motion toward the ball, this much became apparent about Troy Polamalu.

"It feels much better," Polamalu said.

The reference was to the calf Polamalu said he injured in practice the week leading up to the season opener in Denver, an injury that kept the seven-time Pro Bowl safety out of the past two games for the Steelers.

Polamalu, though, returned to practice Tuesday, worked both days with the first-team defense and said he is "optimistic" he will play when the Steelers return from their open week to play the Philadelphia Eagles Oct. 7 at Heinz Field.

Then he added, "As long as coach [Mike] Tomlin is optimistic."

How could he not be?

Polamalu's return -- both to the lineup and to health -- should help a defense that has not made many significant plays and also surrendered game-changing plays in losses in Denver and Oakland.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/steelers-polamalu-feeling-better-at-long-last-655428/#ixzz27slSnOP9

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu feeling better at long last   Polamalu feeling better at long last EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 4:50 pm

This is some hopeful news. We need something to happen to spark this defense. Maybe the return of Troy and the first game this season with both of our starting safeties on the field at the sam time will help to turn this lackluster looking defense around. It surely won't hurt.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu feeling better at long last   Polamalu feeling better at long last EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 6:50 pm

Quote :

i don't like the way that sounds

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu feeling better at long last   Polamalu feeling better at long last EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 6:26 am

I'm hopeful. Maybe if Troy can get back on the field the line can concentrate on plugging the middle, while LaMar can come off the edge without worrying about dropping into coverage.Someone on the other side needs to step up, either Carter or Worilds.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu feeling better at long last   Polamalu feeling better at long last EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:52 am

fer69 wrote:
Quote :

i don't like the way that sounds

The good news is that he has another whole week to heal due to the bye. If he's feeling better now, it's a good sign he'll be ready come next Sunday.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu feeling better at long last   Polamalu feeling better at long last EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 10:54 am

solardave wrote:
I'm hopeful. Maybe if Troy can get back on the field the line can concentrate on plugging the middle, while LaMar can come off the edge without worrying about dropping into coverage.Someone on the other side needs to step up, either Carter or Worilds.

I'm hoping Worilds can continue improving and stay healthy. Injuries have been his biggest problem. If he can get some actual substantial playing time on the field without injury interruptions to set him back, maybe he can become the guy the Steelers envisioned when they drafted him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polamalu feeling better at long last   Polamalu feeling better at long last Empty

Back to top Go down

Polamalu feeling better at long last
Page 1 of 1